Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADP flexible spending Account CRAP-

Years of Experience
    na

Thumbs down ADP flexible spending Account CRAP-

What a frikin SUCKER play

These people have to be kidding!!!

Its criminal...

Set aside pretax $ for possible health care costs dont use it by end of the calender year and this ADP gets to steal it from you for nothing...

Criminals for even presenting this crap to employees...

First IMPRESSIONS as they say...

YOUR OWN MONEY STOLEN JUST LIKE THAT>>>

This is really something that should go to the politicians all joking aside...

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: ADP flexible spending Account CRAP-

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    What a frikin SUCKER play

These people have to be kidding!!!

Its criminal...

Set aside pretax $ for possible health care costs dont use it by end of the calender year and this ADP gets to steal it from you for nothing...

Criminals for even presenting this crap to employees...

First IMPRESSIONS as they say...

YOUR OWN MONEY STOLEN JUST LIKE THAT>>>

This is really something that should go to the politicians all joking aside...

I don't pretend to understand the variations of health care systems but this at first blush seems like it makes no sense at all USIC1.

First off, is the "ADP" a "for profit" enterprise? If so, I fail to understand how they can just take whatever money is in a pool and stick in it their pocket.

If it comes off your cheque you should be allowed year after year growth so when something serious does occur, you have some funds available.

If it is as you present it, can ADP spell CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience
    na

Nope its probably a big business loophole compliment of Uncle...

I remember hearing about how people should look out for themselves and the government promoted this thing...

Guess they made it a corporate beni as well...

ADP is a for profit outfit and has this website to even verify what I say...

https://www.flexdirect.adp.com/FSAin...erview_hc.html

Years of Experience

at this point nothing surprises me

Nope its probably a big business loophole compliment of Uncle...

I remember hearing about how people should look out for themselves and the government promoted this thing...

Guess they made it a corporate beni as well...

ADP is a for profit outfit and has this website to even verify what I say...

https://www.flexdirect.adp.com/FSAin...erview_hc.html

Okay, now I understand. Simply put it is a revolving spending account for known expenses such as daycare, kids summer camps, eldercare, etc.

By revolving they mean ongoing monthly expenses. So say things like daycare, babysitting, someone to come in a look after a parent who cannot look after themselves while you work.

If for example you have kids and you are paying a babysitter - that's NOT related to you or the child then those expenses are covered.

Where the benefit comes in is you get to deposit PRE TAX dollars into the account for say your babysitter. Then you pay the babysitter from the account and pay NO tax on the amount you paid for that service.

Presently lots of people are probably paying a babysitter or after school centre for their kids with AFTER TAX dollars so you end up, in reality, paying MORE.

Whatever your "tax bracket" is, is roughly what you will save.

BUT AGAIN, it is NOT intended as a savings account but an account for funds to flow through to cover eligible expenses so the government has a way to track WHY you are not paying taxes on that money.

For someone like my wife and I who chose to have no kids and our parents are still living on their own and are not dependent upon us, this kind of program has NO value.

I don't know your situation, re: kids, dependent parents, etc. but a good Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Tax Accountant could probably give you better advice as to whether it is of value to you.

Also, these CATS have to make money somewhere, likely
    A) they take some kind percentage to perform this service.
    B) The government subsidizes them and they take no part of your funds
    C) Some combination of A&B.

If you have any questions PM me. I may/may not be able to answer but I will try. Again a good Accountant might be able to answer your questions or a call to ADP with some straight forward questions might get you answers.

Also, if the plan COULD apply to you, ask some of the people you work with to see if/how it benefits them.

Essentially, NO KIDS, NO DEPENDENT ADULTS, not much there for you in this plan unless I read it incorrectly.
    Last edited by underground quester; June 23rd, 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Years of Experience
    na

This is about setting aside funds for just HEALTHCARE that may or may not be used...

And NOT JUST where you know in advance what your health expenses will be...In that scenario you would be able to precalculate your funding and benefit from this plan...Yes you got it but it is nt righteous...

Since we incur a deductible with our insurance it would be wise to save up to the deductible level pretax....IN CASE YOU have healthcare costs the initial deductible could be paid off with the pretax savings...Common sense or greater use of what should be...

If the amount never gets used we could roll it over but not lose it...

Hell its your money...Thats my beef...
    Last edited by USIC1; June 24th, 2008 at 12:25 AM.

This is about setting aside funds for just HEALTHCARE that may or may not be used...

And NOT JUST where you know in advance what your health expenses will be...In that scenario you would be able to precalculate your funding and benefit from this plan...Yes you got it but it is nt righteous...

Since we incur a deductible with our insurance it would be wise to save up to the deductible level pretax....IN CASE YOU have healthcare costs the initial deductible could be paid off with the pretax savings...Common sense or greater use of what should be...

If the amount never gets used we could roll it over but not lose it...

Hell its your money...Thats my beef...

USIC1:

Yes I absolutely agree with you. Use it or lose it does not seem reasonable when it was your money in the first place. If the employer paid the amount then yes I could agree with the use it or lose it scenario. To me, these guys are walking a razor thin line between fairness and outright larceny. I suppose they can claim that in several places they do tell you in advance to use it or lose it,still does not make it right in my mind though.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I have the option to use an ADP FSA at work, but I don't. Here's the catch folks.......YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR MONEY! It is a "optional" benefit. This thread is like someone putting their thumb on a metal table and then smashing it as hard as they can with a big hammer, and then crying and bitching cause their thumb hurts. Jeezum Folks! What happened to the old Cablevine where people cried and whined, but also asked some good questions, or helped out a fellow locator along the way with a locating problem.

Steve, your forum is great, but this place is fast becoming the "TheCrybabyVine" - For Crying, by Criers.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

That made me laugh. This place has always had bitching and moaning going on. Nothing new. However... there are less posts on people helping people. You are right about that. Maybe it is just the time of year and people are tired and want to get some things off their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    I have the option to use an ADP FSA at work, but I don't. Here's the catch folks.......YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR MONEY! It is a "optional" benefit. This thread is like someone putting their thumb on a metal table and then smashing it as hard as they can with a big hammer, and then crying and bitching cause their thumb hurts. Jeezum Folks! What happened to the old Cablevine where people cried and whined, but also asked some good questions, or helped out a fellow locator along the way with a locating problem.

Steve, your forum is great, but this place is fast becoming the "TheCrybabyVine" - For Crying, by Criers.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

You may be right about that Steve.
    You have to look at who started it. The #1 pot stirrer.

Maybe you could rename this place "The CheaterVine" By Cheater, For his own personal pot stirring entertainment. Ass.
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; June 24th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Thumbs up Re: ADP flexible spending Account CRAP-

i have used the ADP flex acct for now 3 years, you have actually until MARCH 30TH the following year to use the money. I started off cautiously with it, however now I take full advantage of it. It is tax free money that I have used now for

Dentist
    Dr visits
    Surgery
    Wife pregnancy
    otc medicines (ora gel for my baby, painkillers for me, Migraine relief- we all need that!!)
    Script medicine
    Chiropracter

Anything medically related you can use this money on, it is a fantastic plan for those who moan about rising insurance costs and want something done about it. I am a huge supporter of this and guess what, it is voluntary so you dont have to use it, however I am saving money every year by using tax free money on things I would buy and have to pay for anyhow. Just sounds like another person who does not have all the facts who wants to complain about another thing.

Why do people whine about things that they have failed to explore first.

Flexible spending accounts are regulated by the government. Use it or lose it is a government thing.....it is not another ploy by your company to get money from you or a ploy by ADP to do the same thing. If you do your homework, you would find that this program is a very nice way for you to save money.

My family has presciptions that we fill each month. We also figured out what type of over the counter drugs or helath needs that we spend money on each month. I take that total amount of money and put it in my flexible spending account & it is tax free at that point. I know how much I spend on these things each month, so I know I am going to spend the money that I am putting in there.

Companies that make this available to their employees should be applauded, not accused of trying to rape you over and over again.

Years of Experience

my company offers this benefit and i have been scared to use it but now i see a better picture clearer to say the least......thanks for the good posts guys!!!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    my company offers this benefit and i have been scared to use it but now i see a better picture clearer to say the least......thanks for the good posts guys!!!

Here is some one that did benefit from this thread...

So there- Did you find that???? !!!!

Just who I least suspected to come to the aid...GEEZ!!!
    Last edited by USIC1; June 24th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Years of Experience

never judge a book by it's cover i always say.......never know who will aid you when you are knocked down????????? hang in there dude<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast