Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By daman1

Thread: about to just give up

Years of Experience

Default about to just give up

How is it that my company who is never satisfied with enough production, can allow us workers to go to work orders , some a week or more late? I have over 150 work orders in my name and over 100 of those for 2, 3, 4, 5 days are late ! I ask for help and get no reply from my supervisor ! Do you guys think that my company will let the work order loads get to 500 late before they do anything ?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: about to just give up

Yes.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

You must work for USUC

Years of Experience

Man, take a deep breath.

Communicate. Let everyone know what is going on. Email email email. Email your Supervisor until he responds. CC the DM. If that doesn't work, CC everybody. Notate each and every late ticket with the number of jobs on your plate.

Call those contractors. Let them know what your REAL arrival time will be, and what your customers have on site. Apologize a lot, and let everyone exactly why you are late. Show them your queue, if need be.

Once it gets bad enough, these contractors will call whoever they can to complain. If your bosses don't respond to you, they'll respond to the board of utilities, or your customers.

Years of Experience

I bet the utility company's you locate for would be interested in that info. But before you do that go though proper channels at your company. Don't let it get to you, It's not your fault.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Slow down a little. Go too fast and you'll pick up an at-fault. When contractors start hollering about unmarked jobs, the utilities take notice and solutions suddenly pop up. I know how hard it is to have lines out there at risk if you're a locator who still cares but you're not a superhero. Just make sure nothing gets hit on the jobs you are able to get to. If someone hits a line that you couldn't make it to, that's not your fault.
    Wingfoot and EricB like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    Slow down a little. Go too fast and you'll pick up an at-fault. When contractors start hollering about unmarked jobs, the utilities take notice and solutions suddenly pop up. I know how hard it is to have lines out there at risk if you're a locator who still cares but you're not a superhero. Just make sure nothing gets hit on the jobs you are able to get to. If someone hits a line that you couldn't make it to, that's not your fault.
    Yes, make sure to take the time on the ones you do complete, to mark them correctly and accurately. The rest will have to wait. The last thing you want to do is blow though jobs and get a at-fault.

Years of Experience

Theres a guy where I work who is prob almost at 500 tickets by now. All the way from Febuary

Years of Experience

hang in there buddy ...........and I got 3 words for you ........PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION......after that call is made, everything will fall in place like clockwork !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

our company would never stand for it. every one would be working together from sun up to sun down. The utility companies we work wouldnt be happy with us at all, its not what we are paid to do. I've noticed in my 35 townships i locate i will beat every other locator to the ticket 95 percent of the time, with the exception of xcel energy. Usic seems to push their guys to the limit, maybe they should hire some guys just to do projects in multiple areas to take a load off everyone.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edward View Post
    our company would never stand for it. every one would be working together from sun up to sun down. The utility companies we work wouldnt be happy with us at all, its not what we are paid to do. I've noticed in my 35 townships i locate i will beat every other locator to the ticket 95 percent of the time, with the exception of xcel energy. Usic seems to push their guys to the limit, maybe they should hire some guys just to do projects in multiple areas to take a load off everyone.
    in WI they had some guys just on the I-90 project