Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 1st week synergy one locating

Years of Experience

Default Re: 1st week synergy one locating

Quote Originally Posted by solidsnake View Post
    In michigan there is talk of frontier returning to USIC as well.. Confirmed with Frontier techs around the various counties I am taking care of in my area. To weigh in on this discussion I would also agree that hiring trained techs back is the best way to handle some of these future jobless techs. I would however worry that they may pull this kinda crap again in the future. We struggled to maintain our areas while some of our techs just left with no warning.. I feel some animosity towards these techs for that.. Especially mid dig season. .

So if they do get hired back... 3 week course just like any new hire??? Lol Id make them take the course unpaid :P
    That's funny, Synergy 1 is running a better on time percentage than Usic did before they lost the contract. And the frontier guys they I have talked to said they have not heard of any problems. So I would be interested in knowing what area of Michigan you are trying to maintain. And if were any truth to what you are saying there is no way I would go back to micro manage have to maintain so many locates per hour or your fired or put on review machine.

Years of Experience

Frontier in Pennsylvania was supposed to give Synergy One the locating contract but they are postponing it now due to the disturbing contract performance out west. I was hoping they would get Pennsylvania sooner, there are so many hydraulic fracturing tickets down there they would instantly drown, especially in the rural areas where Frontier is.

Seriously, getting the Illinois Commerce Commission involved due to how bad synergy one was doing is just downright hilarious. I don't think I've ever heard of another company that did that badly right out of the gate.

Also it sounds like Frontier in Michigan is considering letting them go as well?

Did Synergy One lose just the charlotte area of north carolina of time warner to USIC or did they lose the entire state? Are thier plans for USIC to take over the rest of time warner in north carolina if they havn't already?

Furthermore I heard that Synergy One doesn't even give thier employees cell phones. You are expected to use your own. I guess this is how they save money?

To the person who paid $300 of his own money for gas in the company vehicle, did you get reimbursed yet?

Synergy One Locating = SOL = Shit Outta Luck

Years of Experience

loss all of twc in north and south carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by locate1 View Post
    Not contractors in our area. Maybe other parts the contractors might be waiting. And the debate for how many hours a USIC locator works is revelant. The USIC Supervisors and upper management said the hours and work would be easier and less hectic after they lost Frontier. Why is it they are STILL working 7 days a week 11+ hrs a day 2 weeks after Synergy 1 took the contract over? For all I know only a handful of techs jumped ship. No business is perfect, but we all know you cannot locate like that day in a day out. All you will do is burn out your locators which leads to a Safety and Quality issues.
    Since the loss of frontier my hours have dropped from 50-55 to 32-40 Ive worked 2 saturdays this whole year. And, that was marking frontier too. All Synergy has is 1 utility and are 900+ tickets behind. What makes you think we are working 7 days a week?

That's funny, Synergy 1 is running a better on time percentage than Usic did before they lost the contract. And the frontier guys they I have talked to said they have not heard of any problems. So I would be interested in knowing what area of Michigan you are trying to maintain. And if were any truth to what you are saying there is no way I would go back to micro manage have to maintain so many locates per hour or your fired or put on review machine.
    Synergy has dropped the ball and can't catch it. I wonder if you still think going to Synergy was the best decision you could make.

Years of Experience

where are you at? And I know because I still talk to USIC techs in my area and have seen there sea of red in there ques. a couple of their techs have inquired about working for Synergy1. And if your hours are like that good for you, at least the big machine was right about one area.

where are you at? And I know because I still talk to USIC techs in my area and have seen there sea of red in there ques. a couple of their techs have inquired about working for Synergy1. And if your hours are like that good for you, at least the big machine was right about one area.
    I'm in the United States.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by loc8tor View Post
    I'm in the United States.
    your a genius. You must be in a area that USIC only has to mark out cable tv. Before I left USIC we were working Saturdays. Or you are scared somebody will find your story false.

Listen guys. I am not here to bash USIC, being the big company they are. And as most of you know I use my real name as not to cloud myself.
    I am this Supervisor you speak of hiring his wife. As I pm'ed mr810, yes I did hire my wife. did I make a good decision hell yes I did. In one day she out produced my highest paid tech and everything he has is city, hers are rural. She covers 3.5 counties alone. Noone is even near her. The nearest tech that I have to her is 2 hours away. Yes if she has an immediate issue that she can not figure out she calls me as do all of my green techs. Noone is special. I treat her as I do my other techs. And never fear guys she has pulled those lids does at least once every two days due to there not being many in her area. And to clear the air about my locating experience obviously who ever told mr810 did not know shit. Nor did they see my resume or contact my last employer. For those that know me yes I covered Zayo and xo in illinois and zayo in northwest indiana BY MYSELF. I located lake, cook and dupage in illinois, and lake porter and la porte county indiana again BY MYSELF nearest help for me would be indianapolis. My manager with that company was out of arizona. And thinking I have never located phone lets clear this up I located Century Link and RMP prior to the exchange of contracts in wyoming from Stake Center Locating to USIC. Yes I was approached before that contract end date to come over because of the area I covered and well if you didnt know where you was going you can HONESTLY end up off the road and if the rancher thought you was to harm his cattle they was legally withing the right to shoot you. So besides the personal jaunt yes I have Phone, Power, and F/O experience. Wish I could have learned gas but I will be alright. Not that I care about what your saying just wanted to clear the air. And if the person who I think is spreading ignorance about myself and my entire crew is reading GIANT HOLE IN YOUR STORY BROTHER.

Also guys what is with the bashing. Guy posts on here and you guys go full retard mode. That just shouts I have no life come on. He was honestly saying he liked it. How can you guys go from him saying that to bashing. Is this what locating came to be. Honestly what happened to caring about your job and the service your providing. I know I have not lost sight of that. I love getting out and locating I beg for a chance to do it. Matter of fact Cass County Here I come thursday. lol I personally have no beef with USIC techs. Hell I bullshitted with alot of them on emergencies in Naperville il, Hoffman estates through the big hassel road project. I have bullshitted with the MCI tech in those counties. Yes going from USIC running things will BIG money ofcourse things are easier. For **** sakes they have 6000+ employees. Smaller company comes in and has a little hicup you wanna start barking. guess what USIC may have wisconsin, who cares they have northern and central il. Who cares. We are running strong in the remaining states and thats all that matters. If we get those back eventually cool. if not we will still prevail and still push forward. No amount of bullying will stop that. Headed to bed been dispatching tickets since 10 pm est ready for bed.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Most companies prohibit the hireing of relatives to work under the supervision of another relative, especialy husband and wife. There are VERY good reasons this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Voght View Post
    Listen guys. I am not here to bash USIC, being the big company they are. And as most of you know I use my real name as not to cloud myself.
    I am this Supervisor you speak of hiring his wife. As I pm'ed mr810, yes I did hire my wife. did I make a good decision hell yes I did. In one day she out produced my highest paid tech and everything he has is city, hers are rural. She covers 3.5 counties alone. Noone is even near her. The nearest tech that I have to her is 2 hours away. Yes if she has an immediate issue that she can not figure out she calls me as do all of my green techs. Noone is special. I treat her as I do my other techs. And never fear guys she has pulled those lids does at least once every two days due to there not being many in her area. And to clear the air about my locating experience obviously who ever told mr810 did not know shit. Nor did they see my resume or contact my last employer. For those that know me yes I covered Zayo and xo in illinois and zayo in northwest indiana BY MYSELF. I located lake, cook and dupage in illinois, and lake porter and la porte county indiana again BY MYSELF nearest help for me would be indianapolis. My manager with that company was out of arizona. And thinking I have never located phone lets clear this up I located Century Link and RMP prior to the exchange of contracts in wyoming from Stake Center Locating to USIC. Yes I was approached before that contract end date to come over because of the area I covered and well if you didnt know where you was going you can HONESTLY end up off the road and if the rancher thought you was to harm his cattle they was legally withing the right to shoot you. So besides the personal jaunt yes I have Phone, Power, and F/O experience. Wish I could have learned gas but I will be alright. Not that I care about what your saying just wanted to clear the air. And if the person who I think is spreading ignorance about myself and my entire crew is reading GIANT HOLE IN YOUR STORY BROTHER.

Also guys what is with the bashing. Guy posts on here and you guys go full retard mode. That just shouts I have no life come on. He was honestly saying he liked it. How can you guys go from him saying that to bashing. Is this what locating came to be. Honestly what happened to caring about your job and the service your providing. I know I have not lost sight of that. I love getting out and locating I beg for a chance to do it. Matter of fact Cass County Here I come thursday. lol I personally have no beef with USIC techs. Hell I bullshitted with alot of them on emergencies in Naperville il, Hoffman estates through the big hassel road project. I have bullshitted with the MCI tech in those counties. Yes going from USIC running things will BIG money ofcourse things are easier. For **** sakes they have 6000+ employees. Smaller company comes in and has a little hicup you wanna start barking. guess what USIC may have wisconsin, who cares they have northern and central il. Who cares. We are running strong in the remaining states and thats all that matters. If we get those back eventually cool. if not we will still prevail and still push forward. No amount of bullying will stop that. Headed to bed been dispatching tickets since 10 pm est ready for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Voght View Post

A little hiccup. Losing half a state and Wisconsin in less than a month is a little hiccup? Why when you have over two months to get prepared are you waiting till less than two weeks before you take over to start hiring and still no vehicles or equipment or flags? That isn't a hiccup, that's ill planning. And lazy.

your a genius. You must be in a area that USIC only has to mark out cable tv. Before I left USIC we were working Saturdays. Or you are scared somebody will find your story false.
    False? If I was working every weekend i'd be complaining about it. I didn't know there was an area that they just marked CATV and that's it. I've heard gas and tv but not just tv.

Years of Experience

What's up guys keep up the good work Rick I was one of the guys who Los there job in Illinois for now but I believe we will ge it back and I think we will be a little more prepared and we will keep the contract people like Rick and his crew having a good attitude and working hard will save us I believe in those guys far as all the shit talking come on man I don't wish anybody the lose of there job especially these days times are rough it sucks it happened but it is what it is a we will learn from it and be better when we are back.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Most companies prohibit the hireing of relatives to work under the supervision of another relative, especialy husband and wife. There are VERY good reasons this is done.
    I saw a bit of descrimination the last time I dealt with this in Georgia. Regional manager husband hires wife. Wife injures herself shortly after training ends and works in the office twiddling her thumbs. After spending a couple weeks in the office she gets some sort of ride around and look for crews digging position with little oversight and little actual work... The rest of us with seniority are scratching our heads and thinking, I guess if you sleep with the boss you get ahead?

So yeah. Don't show any preferential treatment. Your employees are probably already suspicious. I've always lived by the rules, don't date anyone you work with and don't hire family. It's just asking for trouble.

Years of Experience
    enough

Quote Originally Posted by Brown84 View Post
    What's up guys keep up the good work Rick I was one of the guys who Los there job in Illinois for now but I believe we will ge it back and I think we will be a little more prepared and we will keep the contract people like Rick and his crew having a good attitude and working hard will save us I believe in those guys far as all the shit talking come on man I don't wish anybody the lose of there job especially these days times are rough it sucks it happened but it is what it is a we will learn from it and be better when we are back.
    Use some ****ing punctuation, that was the longest run on sentence ever.
    Last edited by hellbilly; July 17th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast