Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 1st week synergy one locating

Default Re: 1st week synergy one locating

Bad to admit but very correct that even off the clock.. Helping contractors can back fire.. Just wish synergy did their job o.O and I am pretty sure I had mentioned that our long hours were both contributed to those that left USIC with an addition to the up coming holiday... you may work for synergy apparently since you spent like only 1 minute looking over the previous posts only to be zonked by a previous post by me lol now we know what the 1 in synergy1 stands for

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locate1 View Post
    And is it the restakes the contractors are waiting on or is it new tickets that are called in? Because Usic is not doing the restakes and they are supposed too if the original ticket was called in before Synergy1 took over. So if that's the case they should be mad at USIC and not Synergy1. I saw first hand today a USIC locator wiping out marks made by a Synergy1 locator. If they spent less time trying to sabotage Synergy1 and more time doing what they are supposed to be doing then maybe they wouldn't be working 7days aweek. (just saying)
    This varies by state. In Virginia a remark / update is the same as a new ticket though titled as a remark or update on the ticket. Whoever currently has the contract marks it.

Here we also have a 'three hour notice' which is where the excavator disputes the marks as inaccurate or incomplete. Whichever firm last marked that ticket has to mark the three hour notice.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by solidsnake View Post
    Bad to admit but very correct that even off the clock.. Helping contractors can back fire.. Just wish synergy did their job o.O and I am pretty sure I had mentioned that our long hours were both contributed to those that left USIC with an addition to the up coming holiday... you may work for synergy apparently since you spent like only 1 minute looking over the previous posts only to be zonked by a previous post by me lol now we know what the 1 in synergy1 stands for
    Nope.... There is no way in hell i would ever work for synergy.
    superman and loc8tor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    This varies by state. In Virginia a remark / update is the same as a new ticket though titled as a remark or update on the ticket. Whoever currently has the contract marks it.

Here we also have a 'three hour notice' which is where the excavator disputes the marks as inaccurate or incomplete. Whichever firm last marked that ticket has to mark the three hour notice.

Thats pretty awesome.. Apparently over here everyone just likes arguing about who is responsible for marks... And the contractors are just being thrown into tge middle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    As to the whole remark/restake/second/thried/fourth notices that I've been seeing are from neew tickets that have been called in since Synergy has taken over....
    Something like this?

SIXTH NOTICE 6TH NOTICE

Ticket : 1306171551 Date: 06/28/2013 Time: 19:34
    State: IN Cnty: CLARK Twp: UNION Cityname: MEMPHIS
    Address : Street : RAILROAD ST Cross 1 : WASHINGTON WAY Within 1/4 mile: Y
    Location: LOCATE THE ENTIRE PROPERTY AT 15720 AND 15724 RAILROAD STREET - PLEASE PAINT AND FLAG :
    Work type : INSTALLING A FENCE AND GRINDING STUMPS
    Done for : ***** RESIDENCE
    PER **** **** - ONLY FRONTIER NEEDS TO RETURN AND CORRECTLY MARK THE PROPERTY - CALL ASAP WITH ANY QUESTIONS AND AN ETA - THANK YOU -------LOCATOR DID RESPOND AND MARKED PROPERTY TODAY 6-28-13 BUT DID NOT MARK THE NE CORNER OF 15724 WHERE FRONTIER LINE RUNS - THANK YOU
    solidsnake likes this.

Years of Experience

Sounds like someone needs to contact the IURC and complain about these idiots.

Years of Experience
    All of them

I don't know what cloud Synergy techs think they are on thinking it's better than ANY locating compnay. They came in understaffed, no supplies, no vehicles or gas cards and racked up over 2000 no-shows/2nd requests in the first week. The state commerce commisson is even getting streamed every 2nd request it's so bad. One tech has said he put in $300 of his own money for gas and others are running routes built for 3. You know where he's going as soon as that's not reimbursed. As far as restakes/remarks they are the responsibility of the vendor who has the contract when they are called in. Just waiting until Frontier says enough is enough or the commerce commison forces them to take some action....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherlocator View Post
    I don't know what cloud Synergy techs think they are on thinking it's better than ANY locating compnay. They came in understaffed, no supplies, no vehicles or gas cards and racked up over 2000 no-shows/2nd requests in the first week. The state commerce commisson is even getting streamed every 2nd request it's so bad. One tech has said he put in $300 of his own money for gas and others are running routes built for 3. You know where he's going as soon as that's not reimbursed. As far as restakes/remarks they are the responsibility of the vendor who has the contract when they are called in. Just waiting until Frontier says enough is enough or the commerce commison forces them to take some action....
    If that tech was dumb enough to put $300 dollars of his own money into a company vechicle for gas ,then he deserves not to get reimbursed. I for one wouldn't ever use my own money for company business. They either get the tools to do the job to me, or I sit until they do. And Frontier disagrees with you as far as the restakes , anything called in when USIC had the contract is their responsibility. That's why Frontier is looking at a breech of contract from USIC and will not pay them until all restakes are satisfied.
    And yes some areas were and still understaffed but new hires started this week, and in my area we are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by locate1 View Post
    If that tech was dumb enough to put $300 dollars of his own money into a company vechicle for gas ,then he deserves not to get reimbursed. I for one wouldn't ever use my own money for company business. They either get the tools to do the job to me, or I sit until they do. And Frontier disagrees with you as far as the restakes , anything called in when USIC had the contract is their responsibility. That's why Frontier is looking at a breech of contract from USIC and will not pay them until all restakes are satisfied.
    And yes some areas were and still understaffed but new hires started this week, and in my area we are ahead.

This is very funny to me.. especially since I have spoken to every frontier tech that is in my area locating their own phone.. according to them it is the responsibility of whom ever is being paid to locate their facilities to do so regardless of whether it is a restake/incomplete. USIC is no longer paid to locate frontier, why would they pay their techs to waste time on synergy work

If USIC is in danger of being sued quit telling us and give us a link to anything proving this.. let us see with our eyes that there is a breach of contract.. this is the same crap different day. Synergy 1 was at one point telling USIC techs that Consumers gas/electric was planning on locating their own facilities.contacted Consumers directly and whom replied "We currently have no plans, or wish to have any plans on locating our own facilities".

Years of Experience

Who walked out on the time warner contract last week? was this syngery1 shifting people to the new contract

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

here some interesting info, SOL supervisior hired his wife and is training her himself, she had no previous exp. and from what i hear this sup. has only been locating f/o. now dont get me wrong, i want SOL to do well with Frontier, i enjoy not marking it anymore. but thats some stupit s**t, im sure i will be pulling up on some of her damages in the future
    solidsnake likes this.

Since synergy one has taken over,I have only seen them on one locate.Numerous crews had to shut down because Frontier hasn't been located.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    A SOL supervisior hired his wife and is training her himself. This sup. has only been locating f/o. Now don't get me wrong, but that's some stupit s**t.
    Greetings Mr810! Now don't get me wrong thinking I'm a chauvinist pig, but is she built strong enough to pull a lid off a fiber hand hole? Or how about pulling the 170 pound lid off a manhole?

Forget the manhole lids, every day I'm in the field I'm pulling open many stubborn hand hole lids. I ain't Superman, but most lids I pop open takes me more effort than I can imagine any girl/woman has for strength........ just sayin'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings Mr810! Now don't get me wrong thinking I'm a chauvinist pig, but is she built strong enough to pull a lid off a fiber hand hole? Or how about pulling the 170 pound lid off a manhole?

Forget the manhole lids, every day I'm in the field I'm pulling open many stubborn hand hole lids. I ain't Superman, but most lids I pop open takes me more effort than I can imagine any girl/woman has for strength........ just sayin'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have worked with several female locators and had no issues with them pulling off manhole lids. Besides the hook they have the tripod ones to pull off the lids. I worked with a girl in the corps and she was barely 100 lbs but would drag one of those big-ass chains across the lot and never asked for help. she was a diesel mechanic

I think everybody is missing the point here. Its not about her lifting lids, its about all the special perks that she will be getting because her husband is her boss. Just what do you think will happen the first time she has a mile or two that has 3 or 4 copper lines and some fiber, or when she has to mark a crowded intersection? I would hate to be the other guys on his crew because they will be the ones doing all the extra work when she calls him complaining about sh*t locates. I dont know how the higher-ups in this company could think this is a good idea. All they did was open themselves up to a discrimination law suit.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast