Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 1st week synergy one locating

Years of Experience

Default 1st week synergy one locating

So far so good, Company a little slow getting supplies but we have enough to get the work done. For us guys that left the Mother ship of Usic I believe it was the right move. Usic continues to try to make our lives miserable but to no avail. The locators who stayed are still working 12 hr days and they are not locating frontier, well except for the restakes. lol So when the promise of a guaranteed 55hrs a week paid is over and you guys that stayed want to move look us up we might have a position for you.

Years of Experience

Default Re: 1st week synergy one locating

Good luck to you and post often.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Do you think this is something you'll enjoy? I had times where I couldn't believe I got paid to do this job and other times where they weren't paying me enough.

Hope you like it and post often.

Steve
    UULC likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Do you think this is something you'll enjoy? I had times where I couldn't believe I got paid to do this job and other times where they weren't paying me enough.

Hope you like it and post often.

Steve
    I completely understand that. I have been doing locating for just over a year, and I have located all over Michigan and in Georgia this winter. Just like any other job some days your the windshield and some days your the bug. My team is strong where we are at but still need locators in the eastern part and upper lower Michigan, plus a few in Northern Indiana.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I thought you were new at this. My bad.

I like the windshield and bug analogy. LOL.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Correct not to mention hiring in Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana

Years of Experience

correct not to mention also that they have lost the contract for twc in north carolina.
    loc8tor likes this.

Is anyone else noticing the amount of contractors getting fed up with not having frontier marked by synergy one? And why is there always debate over how many hours a USIC locator works? ... Last time I checked it's pretty decent pay unless you would rather be a part timer o.O

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by solidsnake View Post
    Is anyone else noticing the amount of contractors getting fed up with not having frontier marked by synergy one? And why is there always debate over how many hours a USIC locator works? ... Last time I checked it's pretty decent pay unless you would rather be a part timer o.O
    Not contractors in our area. Maybe other parts the contractors might be waiting. And the debate for how many hours a USIC locator works is revelant. The USIC Supervisors and upper management said the hours and work would be easier and less hectic after they lost Frontier. Why is it they are STILL working 7 days a week 11+ hrs a day 2 weeks after Synergy 1 took the contract over? For all I know only a handful of techs jumped ship. No business is perfect, but we all know you cannot locate like that day in a day out. All you will do is burn out your locators which leads to a Safety and Quality issues.

Hmmm guess that the contractor that was telling me they are going to just cut through anything that wasnt marked because of the "retransmit" debate ia taking a gamble. And one could say that USIC is burning out thier locate techs from long hours.. But when massive amounts of techs quit for another job there is bound to be a scramble to catch up while also working ahead to get the 4th of july weekend off. :P

Years of Experience

And is it the restakes the contractors are waiting on or is it new tickets that are called in? Because Usic is not doing the restakes and they are supposed too if the original ticket was called in before Synergy1 took over. So if that's the case they should be mad at USIC and not Synergy1. I saw first hand today a USIC locator wiping out marks made by a Synergy1 locator. If they spent less time trying to sabotage Synergy1 and more time doing what they are supposed to be doing then maybe they wouldn't be working 7days aweek. (just saying)

Lol the only problem with saying USIC locators are trying to sabotage Synergy 1 is that every locator doea have a camera.. Show me the car fax . Also I just finished dealing with a contractor that needed a new fiber marked that is still not on frontier prints.. Ops. . Guess synergy just pulled up the print and remote billed it. :P was kinda funny though.

Years of Experience

Lol the only problem with saying USIC locators are trying to sabotage Synergy 1 is that every locator doea have a camera.. Show me the car fax . Also I just finished dealing with a contractor that needed a new fiber marked that is still not on frontier prints.. Ops. . Guess synergy just pulled up the print and remote billed it. :P was kinda funny though.
    he does have pictures, action will be taken. and like I said no business is perfect. But I guess you are because it sounds like you know everything in the ground that's good you must have No damages.

Nope. Everyones got at least one.. Whether its a pulp that you copied someone elses marks on or just flat out not marking em my only point here is all Iv heard and seen is Synergy 1 personnel saying they have seen this and heard that.. Its old.. Its highschool... Its drama. Although I am no longer aloud to mark frontier I still do at the request of contractors. . Just saying.. Kinda makes synergy look spineless when someone else is there to wipe their butt off the clock. Either way though it will be very interesting to see how this all works out in the up and coming winter months

Years of Experience

Nope. Everyones got at least one.. Whether its a pulp that you copied someone elses marks on or just flat out not marking em my only point here is all Iv heard and seen is Synergy 1 personnel saying they have seen this and heard that.. Its old.. Its highschool... Its drama. Although I am no longer aloud to mark frontier I still do at the request of contractors. . Just saying.. Kinda makes synergy look spineless when someone else is there to wipe their butt off the clock. Either way though it will be very interesting to see how this all works out in the up and coming winter months

You marking someone elses facility is one of the dumbest things you can do. If you mismark the line and that contractor cuts it you and your company will be held responsible for the damages. NOT synergy one. As to the whole remark/restake/second/thried/fourth notices that I've been seeing are from neew tickets that have been called in since Synergy has taken over.... even second and third notices for emergencies with gas blowing. NO I am not a USIC employee. but that is beside the point. In the areas that I cover there were a lot of ppl that jumped ship to synergy from usic. so that is the reason why they are working long hours still.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast