Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 boy 1/2 man

Default 1/2 boy 1/2 man

The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's, but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and a 155mm howitzer.

He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk. He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him,&n bsp; but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must.

He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop, or stop until he is told to march.

He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity. He is self-sufficient.

He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry.

He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food. He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands. He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay, and still find ironic humor in it all.

He has seen more suffering and death than he should have in his short lifetime.

He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed.

He feels every note of the National Anthem
    vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while
    tempering the burning desire to 'square-away ' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking.

In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be disrespectful.

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom. Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years.

He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.

And now we even have women over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so.

As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot. . .

A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

Prayer wheel for our military... please don't break it Please send this on after a short prayer.

Prayer Wheel

'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen.'

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our ground troops in Afghanistan , sailors on ships, and airmen
    in the air, and for those inIraq, Afghanistanand all foreign countries.

There is nothing attached...
    This can be very powerful...

Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Coastguardsman, Marine, or Airman, prayer is the very best one.

I can't break this one, sorry. Pass it on to everyone and pray.

Default Re: 1/2 boy 1/2 man

Amen.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I will! Thanks Gypsy!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Everyday I wake up I want to go back. Since I was forced to leave active duty in 2003, I'm a reservist but non-deployable. I still want to go back. Not for medals, not for patriotism, not for glory but so I could be with my people. It's something that I just can't put into words to explain.
    Thank you Gypsy for that, that's a prayer I say everyday and I think it's the only one I say with conviction.

Years of Experience

My nephew just shipped out again due to his M.O.S. knowone is sure where he is at anytime. He has said it time and time again and I have met many of his friends and each one has said they may not Like to leave home but they all believe they need to be there Support the troops anyway you can. .......
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

God Bless America, and our Troops. Enough said.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

gypsy and the rest of the crew ............hang in there!!!!!!!!!!! Godspeed to all of our people over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

A marine

Two Arabs boarded a flight out of London . One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat.

Just before takeoff, a Marine sat down in the aisle seat.

After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, "I need to get up and get a coke."

"Don't get up," said the Marine, "I'm in the aisle seat, I'll get it for you."

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marines shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, "That looks good, I'd really like one, too."

Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it.

While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight. As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity?

This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?"

THE MARINES WILL ALWAYS WIN.......................

------------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

WING: that was a Survivor moment (blindsided...didn't see the ending coming)

ThanX for that!!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Hello there Gypsy. Nice to hear from you again.

Had not seen this before. Very moving.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Hooo-ah! Fantastic Wing!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    God Bless America, and our Troops. Enough said.

LOL

Holy fu*k.............................................. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    A marine

Two Arabs boarded a flight out of London . One took a window seat and the other sat next to him in the middle seat.

Just before takeoff, a Marine sat down in the aisle seat.

After takeoff, the Marine kicked his shoes off, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Arab in the window seat said, "I need to get up and get a coke."

"Don't get up," said the Marine, "I'm in the aisle seat, I'll get it for you."

As soon as he left, one of the Arabs picked up the Marines shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned with the coke, the other Arab said, "That looks good, I'd really like one, too."

Again, the Marine obligingly went to fetch it.

While he was gone the other Arab picked up the Marines other shoe and spat in it.

When the Marine returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight. As the plane was landing, the Marine slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened.

"Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This fighting between our nations? This hatred? This animosity?

This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?"

THE MARINES WILL ALWAYS WIN.......................

------------------------------------------------------------
    again...lol. I see a lot of mexicans in that picture.
    I heard the us military was primarily negroes mexicans and whitetrash.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Advanceman... I really don't know what to make of that statement. I was in the military and there are quite a few on here who were in the military as well. Some are still in the military.

I'm assuming you used the terms negroes and mexicans instead of the derogatory terms which, I'm sure, you didn't think you could get away with. White trash you can get away with.

Your involvement on here has been questionable as far as being a contributor. You are not very popular among the many.

This post of yours almost got you banned. I see you are from Canada but you decide to talk about the U.S. Military in a seemingly derogatory way. Consider this a warning. Reply to this with a smart ass comment and you will be banned. There are no second warnings or second chances... ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast