Thread: Scott Kalitta

Years of Experience
    na

Default Scott Kalitta

Tragic loss Scott dead at 46-
    Last edited by USIC1; November 8th, 2008 at 08:45 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Scott Kalitta

God bless Scott's soul. At the risk of sounding like the SIC 1, if I was gonna go, I couldn't think of a better way. Doing what I loved, and going quick with a BANG! Man, I could think of many more terrible ways for my final moments: on the operating table by a drunk surgeon, starvation, biological warfare, airplane crash, a jump from a 110 story building, attack by a pack of dogs.

Years of Experience

I'm going in the rapture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wing, I can definitely understand your worry about the pack of dogs!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

There is actually a sign that adorns his name entering his former hometown of Mt. Clemens down the road a bit from me.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

So long, Scott ...

Connie's a tough sumbitch, no doubt, but you know he's hurting.

-Phil Burgess

Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post
    I'm going in the rapture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My locator hubby and I are going with you, Larry!

I've been reading your posts and decided to join you with my Honey's permission to post our opinions and gripes.

Years of Experience

Thank you Redhead. It's great to have you onboard. Tell your husband thanks. I hope I don't seem to be too awfully negative. Truth is I love this business and my heart is here. I have (as most of you have) a lot invested in this business and I want to see it succeed. But at the moment things are not as good as they could be. I'm hoping this merger is going to make a big difference. New owners, new management. Maybe they will get things started and all the others (that aren't already doing it right) will follow suite. Anyway, welcome and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Sorry I jumped off bthe subject guys. No direspect intended I assure you. May God be with Scott's family in their time of loss and comfort them.
    Last edited by LadyLeatherneck; June 24th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post
    Thank you Redhead. It's great to have you onboard. Tell your husband thanks. I hope I don't seem to be too awfully negative. Truth is I love this business and my heart is here. I have (as most of you have) a lot invested in this business and I want to see it succeed. But at the moment things are not as good as they could be. I'm hoping this merger is going to make a big difference. New owners, new management. Maybe they will get things started and all the others (that aren't already doing it right) will follow suite. Anyway, welcome and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

Sorry I jumped off bthe subject guys. No direspect intended I assure you. May God be with Scott's family in their time of loss and comfort them.
    Me too, guys....sorry... Any loss of life is always too short and too tragic.

Larry, things are difficult here too. Are you the locator in the family or your husband or both? We are looking for the positve each day but as someone posted the DM seems to make alot of difference.

Years of Experience

I used to be a locator about 8 years ago until I had my little girl. My husband has been a locator for about 15 years. I worked for VA Power back in the 1980's, back when they located their own power. Straight out of Marine Corps. 1st job. Been in it in some way ever since. After my daughter was born I even dispatched paper tickets for one company out of my home because I couldn't work out of the home at that time. Long time in a very good business. It has its ups and downs just like anything else.