Thread: A MOPAR Man!

Years of Experience

Default A MOPAR Man!

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Wing, I drive a Neon to work everyday, I have a Durango in the driveway, I traded in a Grand Caravan on the Durango, I sold my Dakota pickup two years ago cause I couldn't stand seeing it sit in the the driveway for months not being driven, I traded in a Durango for the Grand Caravan......and I even have a Mitsubishi Galant sitting in my garage. (And one Ford Mustang) I like Dodge. It doesn't change the fact that when I ran Fire and Rescue we called the K cars Dodge Death Boxes or Dodge Koffins because if you were involved in an accident at even a moderate speed......chances are you weren't gonna make it.
    A fellow MOPAR man! That's fanatastic ifindit! I have been since my jr high school dayz. My first science fair project was demonstrating how a distributor out of a 392 Dodge Hemi fired the 8 spark plugs. A friend of mine's parents had a 1958 Dodge in the back lot of their house for a 2nd or 3rd vehicle. My buddy and I just helped ourselves to the distributor. My neighbor welded up a stand that held the distributor and the spark plugs in a row. I used the battery from the donated Dodge to fire up the coil and a 1/4" drill to spin the distributor shaft. I got a ribbon for my effort and my buddy's parents never knew it came from their Dodge.

Since then I have owned a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback 340 Formula S, a 1969 Plymouth GTX 440 4-speed, a 1973 Plymouth Duster 340 automatic, 3 Dodge pickups, 2 Plymouth Horizon deathtraps and I'm on Dodge minivan #3 today. I've also owned a 1959 Corvette 283 automatic, a 1962 Corvette 327 4-speed, a 1970 Corvette 350 4-speed coupe and a 1967 Pontiac GTO 2 dr hardtop 400 4-speed. Of all the fun cars I've owned, the Corvettes were definitely high maintenance.

You can pretty much guess which cars I owned before my wife and I had kids. Every one of the muscle cars I owned I beat to the ground. Drive tires would last weeks, not years. I averaged 1 speeding ticket every 6 months between the ages 16 to 30. I remember standing in front of a Kansas traffic judge after receiving my 5th speeding ticket during my first year in the state. While reading the report of my Kansas driving record, the judge asked me, "Boy, did you just get out of prison?" I said, "No. I just moved here from Missouri." The judge said, " Why don't you move back!" What a JERK! He took my driver's license away for 90 days.

While in Kansas, I became good friends with Gary Pearman. Gary was working in the machine shop of Alan Patterson Racing Motors assigned to balancing sets of rods, pistons and crankshafts. Gary is now the crew chief of the Lucas Oil NHRA Pro Stock Dodge Hemi team of Larry Morgan. Last time I saw Gary was at the Topeka, Kansas 2008 NHRA drag race and he said to me, "Damn, you're getting FAT!" I said, "Thanks for noticing! That's spelled P-H-A-T, RIGHT?"

Yeah, I love MOPARS! I'm tired of driving gutless V6s. I'll piece together a street MOPAR someday that will throw me in the backseat when I stick my foot in the carburetor; just like the good old dayz!

Default Re: A MOPAR Man!

Wing, come on now! You HAVE to be disappointed at what Dodge and Plymouth did after 1975? Their product line became SH*T. I know I was. Remember why ALL of the companies stopped making muscle cars? The "Energy Crisis", you know the one where you could fill your gas tank, buy a pack of smokes and a six pack of ANYTHING and get change back from a $10 dollar bill, that one.
    They turned the 'cool' cars like the Duster and Charge into crap sh*t boxes in the 80's and then let them die out as they should have. Products like the Neon (sucks and sucked), Stratus (sucked), Stealth (good try, sucked), Charger (Magnum Sport, any REAL fan knows Charger is a 2 door, always was, always should be).
    The BEST thing Dodge has done is revamp the Ram line and come out with the NEW (retro) Challenger. The Challenger is what it ALWAYS should have been from the time somone thought of bringing it back to the line up. As soon as I saw its debut I said THAT IS WHAT DODGE IS SUPPOSED TO DO. Instant classic, public desire through the roof. To me with that one car they have come full circle, Ultra cool muscle, super sh*t that no one wants, back to Ultra cool muscle.

Dodge (well anything Chrysler) is slow, heavy, and will always be slow. I do however love the rams styling. Especially the Early 2k styles. They have weak transmissions and are geared badly. Even the Viper is a crap box. The best thing on the car is the T-56 tranny. Which is favored by most performance vehicles since the early 90's. Chrysler need to pat GM on the back for that one. Basically a copy of the late great c4/c5 Vette.

Dodge need to get things together on their drive trains and safety equiptment. They do have nice quiet interiors, lots of features, and are fairly well rounded vehicles other than the above stated.
    Atheism-The belief that there was nothing and nothing hapened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replication bits which then turned into dinosaurs...makes perfect sense.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jjdynomite View Post
    Dodge (well anything Chrysler) is slow, heavy, and will always be slow. Dodge needs to get things together on their drive trains and safety equipment. They do have nice quiet interiors, lots of features.

This ain't your daddy's Dodge! I dream of leaving every stoplight in town with the front wheels up, up & away!

You sir are correct... 100% not my daddies Dodge.. He taught me better than that.

3 generations strong of Fbody power

Like grandfather:

Like Father:

Like son:

Last edited by jjdynomite; September 22nd, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Atheism-The belief that there was nothing and nothing hapened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replication bits which then turned into dinosaurs...makes perfect sense.