Thread: Carl Edwards is The Man!

Years of Experience

Default Carl Edwards is The Man!

A wheelchair-bound Michigan teen got a special gift from one of his heroes over the weekend. Pat and Teresa Byrnes took their son Cody to the Michigan International Speedway so he could see his favorite driver, Carl Edwards, race. "Carl happened to be walking by and we gave him a thumbs up and Cody gave him a thumbs up. Carl saw his #99 flag waiving on the back of Cody's chair. Carl stopped, turned around, came back, signed Cody's wheelchair and he also signed his shirt," said Teresa Byrnes.

The Byrnes were already excited that Cody got to meet his hero, but they weren't prepared for what Carl Edwards told Cody next. "Carl looked at Cody and he said, 'Hey buddy, I'll tell you, if I win that trophy today, now that's if I win, I'll give you that trophy'," Teresa recalled.

The Byrnes say they began to realize Edwards could win the race when he moved from the 27th spot to first place in about 60 laps. Pat Byrnes says that's the most nervous he's ever been during a race. Edwards did win that race. Carl Edwards signed the trophy for Cody with the initials NGU, which means 'Never Give Up!'

"Cody everyday wakes up and sees it. It's like he's realizing it's really his and he'll get excited and squeal! It's special for Carl to work so hard to get that trophy and then to say to Cody, 'Here, you can have it'. That is the kindest gesture anybody has ever done," said Teresa.

------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Re: Carl Edwards is The Man!

Here’s a first look at the new Aflac #99 NASCAR vehicle inspired by Disney/Pixar’s Up. Driven by Carl Edwards, the vehicle will make its television debut on May 9 during the Southern 500 NASCAR race at Darlington Raceway and televised on FOX. Also premiering during the event will be a new commercial where Aflac’s mascot and Pixar’s style team up to show how Aflac can help to prevent injuries and illnesses from derailing your dreams. The commercial will also be the unveiling of Aflac’s newest tagline, ‘We’ve got you under our wing.’

Special thanks to Aflac for the photo. Unfortunately the ultra-cool SK watermarks are not part of the car’s design… yet.

---------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Re: Carl Edwards is The Man!

I like Edwards, but I THINK he got beat out this week! lol

http://www.allleftturns.com/pit-stop-times-square