Thread: # 17

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Talking # 17

If for no other reason than to irritate OldSchoolLocator.......Congratulations are in order to the Rousch-Fenway Racing Team, Matt Kenseth, His new Crew Chief who's last name I won't even try to pronounce or spell, and most of all Dale Jr. for putting Kyle into the wall and allowing Matt to get close enough to the front to win. Oh, and to Kevin Harvick for pushing him up there.
    MY BOY MATT KENSETH WINS THE DAYTONA 500!!!!

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Default Re: # 17

oooohhhhhhhhh. Poor Kyle Busch. Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy!!!!
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    oooohhhhhhhhh. Poor Kyle Busch. Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy!!!!
    I always wondered if he really was the ass everyone portrayed him to be. I was in the Media Center at Martinsville this fall......after his TV interview in front of the national media, I learned very quickly that yes, he really is an asshole. Whoever the poor sap was that was trying to do his job and get an interview with him and got his head bitten off, sorry dude.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

I don't follow Nascar much anymore but still cheer for Matt Kenseth. He's the hometown boy. His hometown is about 30 miles West of where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    I always wondered if he really was the ass everyone portrayed him to be. I was in the Media Center at Martinsville this fall......after his TV interview in front of the national media, I learned very quickly that yes, he really is an asshole. Whoever the poor sap was that was trying to do his job and get an interview with him and got his head bitten off, sorry dude.
    . Oh how right you are congrats on you win shortened as it may have been a win is a win and the season has just started. does anyone see a feud on the horizon its just a brewing. Maybe JR may start to take on a little of his dads temperament it would be nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoollocator View Post
    . Oh how right you are congrats on you win shortened as it may have been a win is a win and the season has just started. does anyone see a feud on the horizon its just a brewing. Maybe JR may start to take on a little of his dads temperament it would be nice to see.
    I'm no hardcore fan, but I'll watch most of the races. I would absolutly love if jr would take on some of his dads temperment. I think it would definately enhance my viewing pleasure!!!
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

2 In A Row! Nice Job to Matt, Drew, and the whole crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    2 In A Row! Nice Job to Matt, Drew, and the whole crew.
    Can He go for 3 in a row, any one who thought the daytona win was a fluke well you were wrong. I like to see something a little different than the Jimmy and Kyle show.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoollocator View Post
    Does anyone see a feud on the horizon? It's just a brewing. Maybe JR may start to take on a little of his dad's temperament - it would be nice to see.
    I arrived at the Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, California Tuesday 2/17. 46 of us mounted well over 4,000 tires for the triple-header between Wednesday morning and Saturday morning. The weather has been fantastic for working and racing (upper 40s in the morning and upper 60s in the afternoon).

Kyle Bush had a fantastic Saturday afternoon here in Fontana. Hands down, the 2 best drivers in NASCAR today are Kyle Bush and Carl Edwards. I'm not saying you have to like either one. And I'm not saying the rest of the field are slackers. Today Kyle, Carl and their teams are really on top of their game. They are the top contenders to win any race on any day.

Fontana's race coverage declared #29 Kevin Harvick had tire failure on the RF corner which threw Kevin into the wall. That's kinda-sorta right. Closer inspection found a loose oil filter caused the motor to run out of oil and throw a rod. Shrapnel from the rod sticking out of the block caused the tire to fail.

Jr's smooth move in Daytona took out 9 cars; 3 were Toyotas (whoo hoo). If Jr's incident happened at the back of the pack, nobody would have cared. Because it happened at the front of the pack and took out most of the true contenders, Jr's respect from his peers is now at an all time low. Any driver doing what Jr did in Daytona would have been penalized 5 laps. To me it looked like NASCAR gave Jr a 'mulligan.'

NASCAR's favoritism to Jr is transparent and all the teams know they just have to deal with it. Right now I believe Jr is acting like he's desperate and that's not how Championships are won.

Monday I traveled to Las Vegas to work the NASCAR Carroll Shelby 427. Even though I don't gamble much, this is my favorite track to work. I love the city for it's entertainment value.

-------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Matt, it's a tough feat to do. But as for the Earnhardt/Vickers incident, I thought it was more Vickers fault than Earnhart's. It was Vickers inexperience that was too late on the block and also his inexperience that made him over-correct into the rest of the field. I guarantee if that's any veteran in Vickers spot they save it and don't cause a wreck.

Years of Experience

Well it looks like Matt won't get the first three.

Can't win 'em all.