Thread: Retired Fisherman

Years of Experience

Default Retired Fisherman

I have been so blessed in my life. Great parents. Great wife and kids. Great job and a great education. When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my favorite pastime -- bass fishing.

I got my own little fishing boat. I tried to get my wife to join me but she just never liked fishing. One day at the Bait & Tackle Shop I got into a long discussion of my love of bass fishing with Sam, the shop owner. It turned out Sam loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became fishing buddies.

My wife doesn't care about fishing. My wife not only refuses to join us, she always complains that I spend too much time fishing with Sam.

A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, just a few minutes later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the nice bass twins that we caught!

I showed the picture to the wife, hoping maybe she'd get interested in my hobby. Instead, she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! Now she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.

I want to tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby. Or should I quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists? What should I do?

Signed, Dum Bass Fisherman

P. S. I have enclosed the picture of Sam showing off the twins.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dum Bass;

Get rid of that narrow-minded wife.

Love, Abby

Default Re: Retired Fisherman

the next time I got ready to go fishing, I would play the wife the country song by Brad Pasley, I GOT A BITE.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Retired Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, just a few minutes later Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding up the nice bass twins that we caught!

I showed the picture to the wife, hoping maybe she'd get interested in my hobby. Instead, she says she doesn't want me to go fishing at all anymore! Now she wants me to sell the boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.

I want to tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby. Or should I quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists? What should I do?

Signed, Dum Bass Fisherman

P. S. I have enclosed the picture of Sam showing off the twins.