Thread: Tour de France

Years of Experience

Default Tour de France

Being a former pro cyclist, I watch this stage by stage each year. Was wondering if there were any other cycling geeks here?

Years of Experience

Default Re: Tour de France

nope ......would like to ride around the hood if possible and if had a bike........
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    nope ......would like to ride around the hood if possible and if had a bike........

I used to finish my training rides through "The Hood". It really improved my sprinting skills. Amazing how many people wanted the $5000 bike I was riding. Go get yourself a bike, nothing beats the euphoric high after busting your ass for 150 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I used to finish my training rides through "The Hood". It really improved my sprinting skills. Amazing how many people wanted the $5000 bike I was riding. Go get yourself a bike, nothing beats the euphoric high after busting your ass for 150 miles.
    150 miles on a bike? All I can think of is how raw my posterior woul be if I could pedal that far. Also, for $5000 I could get a really nice used motorcycle!Not this Old Man.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    i'm going to have to take you up on that soon..........we looked my wife and i at bikes at walmart and academy sporting goods and for 2 we was going to pay about 300 .00 but with the kids still to young we wrote it off for now.....i think i would enjoy it no doubt but just can not find the perfect time for now or the perfect place........
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

My brother gave me his old Trek when he upgraded last year and I've taken a few rides since then and have to say it is nice to go for a ride with the kids but I'm with spray, my a$$ would be killing me if I rode for 150 miles.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i'm going to have to take you up on that soon..........we looked my wife and i at bikes at walmart and academy sporting goods and for 2 we was going to pay about 300 .00 but with the kids still to young we wrote it off for now.....i think i would enjoy it no doubt but just can not find the perfect time for now or the perfect place........
    I would seriously stay away from walmart bikes. They have kids who know knothing about bikes putting them together. Fronts forks on backwards, brakes incorrectly adjusted etc........plus the frames and components (shifters, brakes) are complete junk. Save some dough and go to a bike shop and you can pick up a good bike that will last in the $300 range.

Golden and spray......150 miles is nothing when you have a nice pair of padded shorts.

Years of Experience
    na

I had to give up biking two years ago because I was blasting around all those new paved walking paths at different parks they started putting in and gots me a varicelle...

NOW THAT REALLY SUCKED!!!!

I was hobbled for months when locating and had to eat 40 days of Levaquin to get better...

The only good part was I had a female sonographer run that mouse thingy with this jell stuff on me comparing both sides...When she was done and told me to wipe off and go out to the waiting room it appeared some of the office personel and herself were laughing a little when I passed by the reception desk area...
    That was a somewhat discomforting moment but I d still do it again given the chance...

I guess I was lucky it was nt a hernia...

Watch it every so often. Used to do about 80-100 miles a day when I was a little younger.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.