Thread: Mini Choppers

Years of Experience

Default Mini Choppers

Here's a couple mini choppers I built the last couple years. They were built from scratch from the frame up. They really aren't so mini. They are appr. 7 feet long and go between 40-55 miles per hour. I sold these two and am hoping to build a street legal one next. I just need to save up some more money to build a full sized street legal bike.

Default Re: Mini Choppers

Those are nice looking bikes... they're not street legal though?

I am hoping to get my license this year... but I don't do too hot on two wheels... hoping that a intensive class will help... I figured if I can pass that I will be safe to ride... otherwise... I am just not meant to be on 2 wheels and will have to buy another convertible to get the wind in my hair!

Years of Experience

Here's a better picture of the second bike. I'm not sure if people can see my photobucket account but that has all the build pics in it. I'll see if I can find out how to link to my photobucket account.

OK I know these will be boring to some people but interesting to others. Here's the link to all the build pictures on both choppers.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...unner/chopper/

Last edited by Goldenboy; June 22nd, 2008 at 09:31 AM.

Years of Experience
    na

Give us some stats- avg cruise speed and acceleration ???

My sportster rpms were to high at 80mph so uncomfortable ride but I still had alot more throttle left and punch to zoom well past a hundred if I had the balls...But I didnt and the rpms would have really sucked...No overdrive...

I like the low rearend gear and low rpms at high speed... That roll on overdrive feel that cars/trucks nowadays dont offer anymore cause the little engines dont have uumff like the old days... Yeah it has to do with mileage I know...

Do you do a fred flinstone outa the start on those chain saws on wheels to compensate for the gearing or what???

Ok forgot a compliment they do look pretty clean...

One or the other has to be sacrificed...
    Last edited by USIC1; June 22nd, 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Years of Experience

They were both sacrificed to the ebay gods. I tore them down and parted them out on ebay. I was afraid to sell them whole because of fear of someone killing themselves and a lawsuit to follow.

They got up and went pretty good. You didn't have to do a Freddie Flinstone to get going or stop. The Carlisle brakes would stop you on a dime. I also used Comet Torque Converters on both of them for a wide range of power. The average cruising speed without revving the motor too much was probably about 35 mph.

You have to remember the blue bike was a full rigid. It was hell going for any longer ride on that bike. The old school bike did have a spring seat but your body still took the majority of the bumps.

Years of Experience

when do you find time to work on those bikes with all that ot you put in??????hahahhahaahah

Years of Experience
    na

I used to have a suzuki 185 it was an on off road and had 10 gears 5 high and 5 low...

I liked that sucker...It would fly on and off road...It was really blowing smoke when I finally unloaded it....

But it was fun... I remember having insurance to get tags but no M endorsement...It was one of the old loopholes of days gone by...

If I get another bike it will be a dual use....Not trying to prove anything anymore...

Never cared for the " Im to cool harley crowd " at the hog meetings or just in general...

Listening to fools brag about the accessory stuff "Yeah I paid 2000 dollars for these maybe 200$ custom rims..."

Oh and the 350$ oil change service where all they did was gunk up my frikin bike with gobbs of lithium...

It leaked oil in the first 50miles (it was still leaking when I sold it back to the dealer) and they charged me 3$ for a throttle screw that vibrated loose and fell out still under warranty...

SCREW HARLEY DAVIDSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an experience...

Last edited by USIC1; June 22nd, 2008 at 09:20 PM.