Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine

Thread: Metal Detecting Forum

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Metal Detecting Forum

If anyone is interested in metal detecting there is a new forum you can check out.

MetalDetectingTimes.com
    EricB likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Re: Metal Detecting Forum

dang Steve ..you must be bored to death.....LOL
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I started it about 6 months ago and then did nothing with it. I had a metal detector but never found the time to go out and use it. I ended up selling it. I almost deleted the forum but thought that Goldenboy (who is an avid metal detectorist (?)) might be interested in it. So, long story short... Goldenboy is the admin over there and I'm just someone who visits now and then and helps out with any back-end issues.

After seeing all the stuff that Goldenboy has found led me to reinvest in another detector and I'm going to give it another try. Go over there and see all the stuff Goldenboy has found and it might spark an interest in you. He says that he has paid for his metal detector almost 3x over with all the stuff he's found.

Years of Experience

Thanks Steve for the info, but I am too lazy to do anything like that ...it does sound interesting to say the least ..I said something on your post only because a friend of mine in our line of work has showed interest in it and even went so far as to ask me some history questions about my town here . I have already passed this site to him so I am sure he is already learning some stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I started it about 6 months ago and then did nothing with it. I had a metal detector but never found the time to go out and use it. I ended up selling it. I almost deleted the forum but thought that Goldenboy (who is an avid metal detectorist (?)) might be interested in it. So, long story short... Goldenboy is the admin over there and I'm just someone who visits now and then and helps out with any back-end issues.

After seeing all the stuff that Goldenboy has found led me to reinvest in another detector and I'm going to give it another try. Go over there and see all the stuff Goldenboy has found and it might spark an interest in you. He says that he has paid for his metal detector almost 3x over with all the stuff he's found.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

You are welcome.

I know, it is hard for me to get out and find the time to do it, but you could find some cool stuff. I have no illusions of finding a rare coin or anything of the sort. I'm hoping for lost jewelry. Gold, silver, and diamond rings. That's the ticket.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Steve you will find old coins and tokens and plenty of jewelry with all the spots.you can find through work. The more you dig the better your odds are at finding the good stuff.

Remember to forward this site to anyone who metal detects.