Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun collecting-

Years of Experience
    na

Default Gun collecting-

Think I may plunk down a few $ on something like this-

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...94cent_owa.jsp

Before the dollar dive bombs in a year or so may be wise to accumulate some secondary assets here and there...

Default Re: Gun collecting-

Centenial and 'show' peice guns are nice to look at and all but in the end you may be better served by just buying something a little more utilitarian.

Guns like that are really only 'valuable' to collectors and the like. If you were to try to re-sell something like that to say Gander Mountain or a reputable gun shop you will not get ANYWHERE near what you paid for it. Not to mention, if you ever use it, there goes even more money from the resale price.

If you are lookng to purchase something for resale down the line you should take that price tag and buy 3 'regular' guns. At least down the road if you decided to sell them you could get at least $600 for all three, or more if you sold them to individuals.

That's just my opinion there USIC. But take this into consideration, I know A LOT about weapons (firearms in particular).

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superwoman View Post
    A gun in a hand of a stupid is pure suicide or horrible crime....a lot of stupid guys have more than one gun...
    "A gun in a hand of a stupid"
    Should that be a KEYBOARD?

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

LOL Phoenix......is sminia back? I recognize some of that nonsense....
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Nice looking gun though.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    na

DAMN !!!

Now look at this baby!!!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/det...DESC&seller=92

(#7 of 10) That means it will only be worth more in time...

And there is also Custers last stand...

But look at the PRICES of some of these suckers!!!

By the way I dont even own a gun but have had a few I sold which were nt the collectible type...

I m only considering the alternatives to real estate, stock, and cash, and broaden the investment range with something fairly easy to protect while apreciating in value, history, craftsmanship, heritage and beauty all at the same time..
    Even if there is a somewhat narrow pool of demand for a collectible gun it will still apreciate in value over many years depending on its rarity...
    As far as collectible guns having a narrow following look at the value of cars being auctioned off at phenominal prices these days... I think a collectible gun would be easier to mothball(care for) over time and of course take out to flaunt on occasion(and no I dont mean shoot either)... HEH HEH HEH...
    Last edited by USIC1; November 30th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

Well USIC1 that is a very nice rifle. Problem is it really has zero historical significance to Gettysburgh. The Winchester was NEVER a production military rifle. The Army in it's infinite wisdom thought that the average soldier would expend way to much ammunition with a weapon like that and NEVER picked up a contract with Winchester. Now if that were a musket (smooth bore or rifled) or a Sharps single shot that would be a much better 'presentation weapon'.

The fact there are only 10 in the world does make it a collectors item but other than that fact even with all the gold inlay and carvings it's a just bells and wistles on something that wasn't even there.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

John's back.....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post

Before the dollar dive bombs in a year or so may be wise to accumulate some secondary assets here and there...
    yea, that link's dead...

I'm trying to get two springfield mil-spec .45 1911's, (one for me, one for my father) and the goddamn company is out of guns. They only have ten distributors and the one person I know who charges 5% above wholesale on any gun, can't get me what I want. I don't even care what finish it has, though I'd prefer the olive parkerized finish...beautiful.

probably for the best anyway, they're 450.00 a pop, after I get em both, 2 holsters and the ammo would run me up to at least 1100.00....maybe it's for the best
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience

from what I have also found, .45 cal ammunition is a severe pain in the ass to find or get parts to press..
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience
    30+

I was at the Tampa gun show yesterday I was looking for 9mm and 40 cal bullets. The last time I bought ammo it was 1/4 of the price it is now. I asked why the jump in price and was told by several the the feds are trying to clamp down on guns and ammo again.

does anyone know of web sites that I can visit.? Folks were rolling out of there with cases on dollies.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post

you don,t need a frigin gun trumpet boy

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    yea, that link's dead...

I'm trying to get two springfield mil-spec .45 1911's, (one for me, one for my father) and the goddamn company is out of guns. They only have ten distributors and the one person I know who charges 5% above wholesale on any gun, can't get me what I want. I don't even care what finish it has, though I'd prefer the olive parkerized finish...beautiful.

probably for the best anyway, they're 450.00 a pop, after I get em both, 2 holsters and the ammo would run me up to at least 1100.00....maybe it's for the best

You got something against the Springfield XD45? I love mine.... Holds 14 rounds and mines fitted with a Lasermax internal guide-rod laser....
    With accessories, I have about a grand in mine, but it was money well spent.

I know I would rather have a 1911 style .45. Second choice Sig 220. Third Smith & Wesson 4506.

XD doesn't even show up on my radar but to each their own. If you dig it then it's fine for you.

My neighbor just bought a Springfiels Armory .40 - it is nice! Part Composite - breaks down in 3 seconds - has different size grip inserts. $650.
    By the way, the ammunition shortage has been brought about by hoarding due to rumors that Obama is going to put a 400% tax on ammunition. Can't find primers for re-loading right now either.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast