Thread: CSI- The Original- Peterson Leaving

Default CSI- The Original- Peterson Leaving

Ok William Peterson (Gil Grissom) is leaving CSI. For anyone who isn't really aware of his career he is mostly a stage actor, in the 80's Hollywood tried to make him the next big star. He was in 'To Live and Die in L.A.' oposite of Willem Defoe, very good movie but by todays standard a little dated as are all of the movies from before CGI and everything else. He also stared in 'Man Hunter' which is the first adaptation of Hanibal Lechter we got to see before 'Silence of the Lambs' and eventually the remake of 'Man Hunter' which is 'Red Dragon' with Edward Norton.
    Now seeing how his career really didn't take off as it were and his name was religated to obscurity until CSI exploded on the t.v. screen I'm getting a sense of a David Caruso move here. Remember what he did when he left NYPD Blue? Yeah nobody else does either. At least he was smart enough to jump on the CSI franchise and got over his I'm too cool for this attitude (for the most part).
    I guess I am just pissed off that I will have to say goodbye to a show that I absolutely loved to watch. Without Grissom behind the helm that show is going to tank faster than it became a hit. It only seems fitting that the one to start it all will be the first one cancelled. Goodbye CSI, Goodbye.

Default Re: CSI- The Original- Peterson Leaving

I actually followed his career for awhile because he is a local guy here.

He has a rep of wanting to work just enough to finance his next vacation. When he took CSI, he didn't figure it would take off like it did. Remember when he grew the beard? Word is he did that to try to get out of his contract then.

I will miss him too. There talking about Lawrence Fishburne taking his place. Morphius on CSI???

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Yup the wife and i will probably not watch it any more after that. As for the other CSI's I dont watch them at att I personally think theres too much one person is the main character and has to be in every scene....
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

I know the feeling. I can't stand New York or Miami.

New York for a couple of reasons (minor but still) first off NYPD's crime scene unit is CSU, not CSI so there is fact one that bugs me. The other is that kid with the glasses and his STUPID fake NY accent (makes me want to punch the tv when he talks)

Miami? Oh please! H2's as 'tech' vehicles? Their 'Minority Report' computer they use! The fact they run around like cops solving cases and making arrests, car chases etc. etc.. David Caruso and his shades, then, the swing the jacket back to put his hands on his hips move he does CONSANTLY! God I just hate that show!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I saw him in 'To Live and Die in LA'. What a great movie. I personally think that movie has the best car chase scene of any movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I saw him in 'To Live and Die in LA'. What a great movie. I personally think that movie has the best car chase scene of any movie.
    Yeah, but I bet it doesn't make you as sick as the chase scene from "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Bullitt (absolute greatest), French Connection (second absolute greatest).

Although the car chase in To Live and Die in L.A. was very good some parts were just those 'Oh caught ya' moments when you could tell the car was on a dolly.

Peterson also played Pat Garret in one of the Young Guns (2) movies.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen Bullitt. I'll put it on the list.