Thread: Biking

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Biking

I've been thinking about doing the TransAm next year. For those who don't want to follow the link it is a bicycle route that goes from one coast to the other.

I saw a guy today that was riding on the side of the road. He had packs front and back. I pulled over and talked to him. His name is Mark and he is from New Hampshire. We talked a bit about the trip and what I can expect. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.

If I am able to do the trip I'd like to meet up with as many people from the forum as I can.

More to come.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Biking

You go Steve. I wish you the best. That would be a nice ride as long as you do not have to go through a major city.

I doubt you'll be coming north of Minneapolis.. but, make sure you have a way to post a daily blog/photos.. would be interesting for us, plus would be a nice historical piece for yourself when done too.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

If you follow the link in the original post you'll see a small map of the route. I understand the route is setup to keep you off of main roads and out of big cities.

It should be fun. There is a site called CrazyGuyOnABike.com that I'll be posting my journal on. It is full of completed and ongoing journals. I recommend anyone who has an interest in biking go there and read the journals of the people who have taken the trip and those that are doing it right now. The journals aren't limited to the single TransAm trail but instead include trips all over the world.

Years of Experience

I wouldnt make it to the end of the driveway as hot as its been lately just dont have the will power

bike riding is a great hobby. you not only get great exercise, you get to see the country side plus you donīt hurt your feet and ankles, like running does some times.
    There are many ways on how to work at home with a guaranteed income. Work at home employment is surely the best for you!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I saw someone else doing the transam the other day. I stopped and talked to him about the ride, also. His name is Keith and he is from Oregon. Headed to the east coast. Pretty cool cat.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

For those who might find it interesting, I am following this journal of a West Coast tour. Check out the pictures, they are pretty awesome.

Check out this one also.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; September 25th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Years of Experience
    na

My experience with rekindling my bicycling past was enjoyable for about a year... Hauling butt around all those paved walking trails where mellow nature walkers were startled, and inflicted by my mad max antics...

This was after selling the 03 anniversary Harley that just was nt my thing - being a biker wanna be fizzled fast...

The bicycling lead to a varicocele though... Of course that had its own benefit - a sonogram by a young female technician... the lights were turned down low the gel was applied and, and, and I was left to wipe myself off only to walk back out into the lobby with everyone giggling... from pleasure to humiliation all in less than an hour...

A heavy 30 day dose of Levaquin to ease the discomfort and that was the conclusion of that endeavor... Locating was not fun for quite awhile after that... And the physical after effects never go away btw... Okay okay TMI !!!

but maybe I may just save anothers gnads from this dreaded outcome...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thankfully, varicocele has eluded me.