Thread: Arlington Tx

Default Arlington Tx

My other hobby that I quite enjoy is breeding exotic pets. Right now I breed Ball Pythons and Burmese Pythons so in March Ill be down at the arlington convention center by the new Cowboys stadium the 12th through the 14th if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up and shoot the poo. You will see lots of cool stuff there and none of which you will ever see in a zoo as there are many different morphs (colors and patterns) of the ball python and other lizards, spiders, turtles, etc....

Check out the site for info www.NARBC.com
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Arlington Tx

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER View Post
    My other hobby that I quite enjoy is breeding exotic pets. Right now I breed Ball Pythons and Burmese Pythons so in March Ill be down at the arlington convention center by the new Cowboys stadium the 12th through the 14th if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up and shoot the poo. You will see lots of cool stuff there and none of which you will ever see in a zoo as there are many different morphs (colors and patterns) of the ball python and other lizards, spiders, turtles, etc....

Check out the site for info www.NARBC.com
    It is now illegal to breed either of those species here in Florida. It is also illegal to import either of those species into Florida.

Many of them have been either purposely released, or escaped from cages and made their way into the everglades where they have grown and multiplied unchecked, disrupting the delicate natural ecosystem balance.

Reptile dealers and hobbyists strongly oppose a proposal by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to ban the import of and interstate trade in Burmese pythons and several other large snakes. The turning point: Senate Bill 373, which Florida Democrat Bill Nelson proposed in February 2009 to prevent situations like one in the Everglades, where escaped Burmese pythons have devoured native animals. The bill would ban importation and interstate transport of boa constrictors, anacondas and large pythons. A similar antisnake bill followed in the House.

Since the 2009 congressional action stalled and responding to growing concern over the spread of Burmese pythons in the Everglades, the federal Fish and Wildlife Service proposed Wednesday to ban both the import and interstate transport of the python and eight other snake species, all large constrictors.

Ken Salazar, secretary of the interior, announced the move in a news conference in the cargo area at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, the nation’s biggest entry point for wildlife imports.
    The proposal would add four species of python, four species of anaconda and the boa constrictor to a list of “injurious species” regulated by federal law, making their import and their transportation across state lines a misdemeanor. Violators would face fines and up to six months’ imprisonment.

The Burmese python poses an enormous threat to native wildlife in the Everglades, and the first ones to enter the area are believed to have been former pets that were released into the wild, Mr. Salazar said. “The Burmese python and these other alien snakes are destroying some of our nation’s most treasured — and fragile — ecosystems,” he said.

Today an estimated 10,000 to 100,000 Burmese pythons live in the Everglades, according to George Horne, deputy executive director of the South Florida Water Management District, which oversees restoration work on the Everglades.

Man do you have an issue or something? I didnt ask for that kind of response nor was it needed or validated? If you think your telling me something I dont know you are mistaken. We in this hobby/business have been fighting that law for a long time and at this point it hasnt been passed to that extent yet everywhere and hopefully it wont get to that point.

I help run Constrictors.com with Mike Willbanks so I know about all the BS laws that they are trying to pass.

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

And if it was so illegal in Flordia then the NARBC wouldnt have one of their biggest shows there either....

opcornsmile:opcornsmile:
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER View Post
    And if it was so illegal in Flordia then the NARBC wouldnt have one of their biggest shows there either....
    No worries Dude, just interesting that you posted your hobby just days after some news conferences here in Florida about the exotic reptiles and the invasion issues they have raised.

Our (Florida's) Secretary of Agriculture has already instituted an emergency rule about the breeding and sale of pythons making it illegal pending ratification by our legislature. The new rule will also require current python owners to obtain a license or permit to own the reptile and requires them to micro chip their snake(s) for future identification if they are ever captured after a release or escape.

We have been paying attention here as my son has two ball pythons, but at the moment the ball pythons are not covered under this rule, only the burmese, rock and reticulated pythons are covered.

Ok I was wondering if you were one of those bunny huggers or something LOL!

I know as of right now Fla residents do have to microchip the larger breeds and legislation has been trying to ban the import, breeding, and sale of pythons in general mainly because of the ideal breeding grounds that they have in Florida and how people buy a small pretty animal and not knowing or caring that eventually it will be a 120+lb giant eating goats and pigs LOL!

Here is a little more reading if your interested check out our site and see what you think

http://constrictors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24148

Hey, maybe they can train the snakes to feed on the feral hogs. On the other hand, hogs just love to eat snakes.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

it 's been a while since we heard from you dude......you still locating??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Been back in the grind since August. Still dealing with the work comp crap though!