Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: 2009 Locate Rodeo

  1. #1
    Moderator Goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,308
    Years of Experience
    18
    Rep Power
    65

    Default 2009 Locate Rodeo

    So has anyone registered for this years rodeo. I see they changed the hotel for the first time. Hopefully the new hotel will be as accomodating as the Gwinnett Marriot was. That hotel was set up great for the rodeo.

    Here's their website for anyone wanting to check them out.

    http://www.locaterodeo.com/

  2. #2
    Moderator Goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,308
    Years of Experience
    18
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    While searching through their website I found an action shot of me from the 2007 Rodeo.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/fionabow...78919499975026

  3. #3
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    While searching through their website I found an action shot of me from the 2007 Rodeo.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/fionabow...78919499975026
    Is that the two step?

  4. #4
    Moderator Goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,308
    Years of Experience
    18
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    No thats called the Oh Sh!t I don't wanna trip over that string step.

  5. #5
    Senior Member phoenix827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    396
    Years of Experience
    8
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    While searching through their website I found an action shot of me from the 2007 Rodeo.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/fionabow...78919499975026
    Must be working in a city? Low cut sport boots. GREAT for walking pavement, but SUCK for const sites!!

  6. #6
    Moderator Goldenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,308
    Years of Experience
    18
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    Must be working in a city? Low cut sport boots. GREAT for walking pavement, but SUCK for const sites!!
    That picture is from the locate rodeo. I'd never wear shoes during work, I'd probably break an ankle if I tried. At the Locate Rodeo you can wear tennis shoes(there isn't too much for obstacles there).

  7. #7
    Senior Member beyond help's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    somewhere on my hand
    Posts
    1,380
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    I'd have fallen on my ass over that string.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member phoenix827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    396
    Years of Experience
    8
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    That picture is from the locate rodeo. I'd never wear shoes during work, I'd probably break an ankle if I tried. At the Locate Rodeo you can wear tennis shoes(there isn't too much for obstacles there).

    Hmm, So they make you wear a vest and hardhat, but not safety shoes? OK, I guess!
    Keep in mind, I pound pavement all day in logger boots! Feet get sore, but my back stays fine! THATS the important thing!

  9. #9
    Mke
    Mke is offline
    Senior Member Mke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Republic of Washington
    Posts
    1,536
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    34
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    I never understood that. When I was doing public utilities I hardly ever wore a hard hat.... or pants.

    Errr... Meaning I always wore shorts.

    I have blackberry scars to prove it.


    I also heard you get points deducted if your hard hat falls off? Another deduction if you move your "official Marker"?

    mke

  10. #10
    Premium Conservative OVUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A little north of Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    348
    Years of Experience
    30
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Another deduction if you leave a marker on the ground, or if you don't properly replace the tape measure.........all while being timed too!

    This year's event will be about 2 miles from our Corporate office. I have been a sponsor since the first rodeo and it's a great thing for locators to get involved in. If anybody wants to come and your company won't spring for it let me know. I'll do what I can to get you here and at least house/feed you.

    We are having an unofficial qualifying event in Eastern Virginia in late June. Anybody local will be more than welcome to come by and participate.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

  11. #11
    Senior Member scap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Another deduction if you leave a marker on the ground, or if you don't properly replace the tape measure.........all while being timed too!

    This year's event will be about 2 miles from our Corporate office. I have been a sponsor since the first rodeo and it's a great thing for locators to get involved in. If anybody wants to come and your company won't spring for it let me know. I'll do what I can to get you here and at least house/feed you.

    We are having an unofficial qualifying event in Eastern Virginia in late June. Anybody local will be more than welcome to come by and participate.
    What about adding flag throwing.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

  12. #12
    Banned advanceMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Locate Rodeo.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

  13. #13
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    Locate Rodeo.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
    Oh, if we could all be as cool as you Advance.......
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    94
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Hey, when are they going to have an "inductive" wheel and let some true talent shine?

  15. #15
    Right Wing Conspirator GWJ_CAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    387
    Years of Experience
    31
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: 2009 Locate Rodeo

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDodd View Post
    Hey, when are they going to have an "inductive" wheel and let some true talent shine?
    You can use inductive at any of the "wheels", if you want. I watched two guys in the water division last year use inductive on one competition area. 1 guy was close, but went really long on time chasing and eliminating a ghost signal, the other marked the ghost signal.

    Locate from hell is direct connect, BUT, you cannot see what is connected or exactly where it is connected...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •