Thread: 2008 Locate Rodeo

Years of Experience

Default 2008 Locate Rodeo

I see they opened up the registration. Has anyone signed up for the rodeo yet? For those that haven't went here's a little sneak peak at what it's about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmzzl8Zka6o

BTW I'm the cool looking dude at 52-53 seconds.

Years of Experience

someone let me know how it turns out .....thanks

Years of Experience

Talking midwest rodeo

I'll be at the midwest rodeo mid June to compete this year. I've been asked to go for for several years now but have never taken the plunge.
    Last edited by big boots mcghee; June 19th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Default Two CAS Locators going

Two of our locators are going to the rodeo and being sponsored in by Sunshine State One Call. Both were chosen from a field of many qualified locators based on their performance, job knowledge and damage history.

Each received a prize package from Sunshine State One Call; a plaque indicating they won their respective division in Florida, a check for $300 for the win, a sponsored birth into the International Locate Rodeo and an expense account from One Call for up to $1000 in travel related expenses for the Rodeo. Each gets a Sunshine State One Call Locate Team shirt and jacket for wearing at the event.

Look for our two locators they are; Jim Driscoll in the water division and Cindy Creswell in the power division. We will be at the Rodeo for the whole event and I am even sending a couple of my guys to the Staking U classes held there. Any of you fellow "Viners" who are attending are encouraged to come by and introduce yourselves. It would be nice to put a face with the screen name.

Years of Experience
    30+

Talking Gwk Cas

Can you PM me?

I'll read about it in the newsletter.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Default Re: 2008 Locate Rodeo

Has anyone heard if USIC is sending anone to the rodeo? In years past both SM&P and CLS has sent quite a few locators to the rodeo but this year I haven't seen any emails regarding the rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Has anyone heard if USIC is sending anone to the rodeo? In years past both SM&P and CLS has sent quite a few locators to the rodeo but this year I haven't seen any emails regarding the rodeo.
    Not a thing. Has anyone seen a spring 2008 newsletter, this was supposed to be the one to list who was going.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Here's an email I got regarding the rodeo. No SM&P or CLS as sponsors this year. For those that have not gone to the rodeo it is a blast. In the email from today it shows there are spots left in multiple divisions.

Just wanted to remind our Potential VENDORS, that our early bird vendor pricing increases this Friday June 6th. So please get your forms in. If you need an Expo registration packet and have not yet received one, I can email you one at your request.

COMPETITORS

We have these positions LEFT:

8 gas

6 water

8 power

9 telecom

Competitors names, addresses, email addy’s and SHIRT SIZES must be provided by June 27. If you are the acting representative for your competitors, please remember this date and email me the update on the information of your company. June 27 is the last day to register for all competitor slots.

FEEDER EVENTS

The Northwest Feeder will be taking place this Friday. Good luck to all the competitors and to Jamie Stencil with Comcast and his crew for putting on this excellent event. In a few weeks, the MidWest Feeder event run by Dave Van Wy will take place in Manteno, Illinois. These guys have really been a huge asset to the overall success of Rodeo and we appreciate all their efforts and the excellent job they are doing with their feeder events.

REMC Vendors

The Rodeo Equipment Manufacturer’s Challenge is an opportunity for Competitor’s to win extra money! Find out how you can win extra money by visiting this link http://www.locaterodeo.com/competition/challenge.php . More information on the challenge will come out in early July after all of our competitor’s have been named and emails provided, so we can make sure those who need to know will be fully informed. Competitor’s will also be sent information packets on the product lines of these sponsoring companies product lines.

Currently these vendors have signed up as sponsors!

DIAMOND LEVEL

- Radiodetection

GOLD LEVEL

- Metrotech

- McLaughlin

- Ridgid

(the website will be updated soon with logo’s of our sponsors)

SPONSORS—And as a last reminder… Locate Rodeo is a fully sponsored event. We just could not exist without your company participation and sponsorship monies. Your sponsorship monies (at any level) are appreciated and help us support providing for our important volunteers who come year after year to support this industry, by providing transportation on campus and to campus as well as promotion and so many other things. PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING A SPONSOR!!!! (and email me if you need a vendor/sponsor package).

LOCATOR CERTIFICATION SEMINAR-

(July 30 - 31, 2008 8am -5pm daily)

If locator competency is an issue of growing concern at your company or organization, please register for Staking University's 2-day Locator Certification Seminar held in conjunction with the International Locate Rodeo, August 1-2. The cost is $495.00 ($250.00 for 2008 Registered Rodeo contestants). Registration for this class is through Staking University and separate from Rodeo Registration. http://www.stakingu.net/staking_u/lo...n_seminar.html

HOTEL INFO:
    Group Reservations 1-800-228-9290 (please make sure you say you are with the International Utility Locate Rodeo)
    ROOM RATE: $87 + applicable state and local taxes.
    Reservations must be made by July 18th, 2008.

Thank you…

Fiona Bowen

Locate Rodeo Event Coordinator

UPC Liaison Manager

678-714-6702 off

404-444-3606 cell

fbowen@gaupc.com

Default Re: Two CAS Locators going

Quote Originally Posted by GWJ_CAS View Post
    Two of our locators are going to the rodeo and being sponsored in by Sunshine State One Call. Both were chosen from a field of many qualified locators based on their performance, job knowledge and damage history.

Each received a prize package from Sunshine State One Call; a plaque indicating they won their respective division in Florida, a check for $300 for the win, a sponsored birth into the International Locate Rodeo and an expense account from One Call for up to $1000 in travel related expenses for the Rodeo. Each gets a Sunshine State One Call Locate Team shirt and jacket for wearing at the event.

Look for our two locators they are; Jim Driscoll in the water division and Cindy Creswell in the power division. We will be at the Rodeo for the whole event and I am even sending a couple of my guys to the Staking U classes held there. Any of you fellow "Viners" who are attending are encouraged to come by and introduce yourselves. It would be nice to put a face with the screen name.
    I worked with Cindy in Florida. She was great at locating water.

I got my hotel confirmation today. Who will I see there? Where do I find one of your shirts so we can spot each other?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LocateLady View Post
    I got my hotel confirmation today. Who will I see there? Where do I find one of your shirts so we can spot each other?

PM Steve. He was offering up cablevine shirts for the contestants. Hopefully he's still got one left for you.