Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP USIC Locator Robert Samuel Connor Jr You Will Be Missed

Years of Experience
    na

Default RIP USIC Locator Robert Samuel Connor Jr You Will Be Missed

Rumor has it someone got hit by a car today...

I hope it wasnt serious...
    Last edited by USIC1; September 27th, 2009 at 06:26 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Did someone get clipped for USIC today???

Was?

A great guy named Rob Connor was struck and later died from injuries sustained when hit by dump truck. May he rest in peace and my sincerest condolences to his wife and children.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Its always sad and shocking to hear of things such as these.

As a supervisor in another field of work, I have had to be the bearer of bad news on more than one occasion. That is one job I cannot handle, and I feel for this man's family, friends and his supervisor.

I'm sure OSHA will be investigating as well, and everyone know how they are.

I read this here on the vine, and I'm sure the rest of USIC will be hearing about it soon.

Mr Connor is one of the lucky ones. He is in a place where he has no more worries, there is no sickness, starvation or suffering. He is in the place we all hope to be one day...Heaven.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience

That SUCKS!!

Years of Experience

That is just soooo sad. I just hope they don't send out an email saying "he should of" or " he could have". With our jobs we are walking across and down the center of roads daily and accidents will happen. I've been clipped by mirrors on vehicles countless times. Sometimes I wish locating was a two person job so we could have an eye on the traffic while we're staring at the ground.

God Bless to his family and friends.

Years of Experience

my deepest respects to his family friends and co workers !!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    ....I just hope they don't send out an email saying "he should of" or " he could have".....
    You know they will. They will come up with some kind of BS about would, coulda, shoulda, but those that investigate were not there and do not know exactly what happened.

I just hate that it did happen. These locating companies today only care about YOUR safety when it can save them some money. They are more "reactive", instead of "proactive".

All of the safety stuff these companies spew looks good on paper, but is not practical in real life.

I remember one of my buddies from CLS showing me a list they were given about how to avoid wasp/bee stings, etc..It said to wear greay or darker colored clothing...yeah right, and what's the first thing we are required to put on when we begin our day....a lime green safety vest....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

USIC/CLS Lost a great employee on Friday, Our workgroup lost a great co-worker, as well as a wonderful friend to those who knew Rob.

I don't know if the title of this thread can be changed or not, but it seems really disrespectful to those who knew Rob, as well as his family who may or may not ever see this thread.

Rob was a longtime employee that located for around 17 years, worked for Sprint, No Cuts, and most recently CLS/USIC . He will be sorely missed by friends and family.

Rest In Peace Rob.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by 2RUDE View Post
    USIC/CLS Lost a great employee on Friday, Our workgroup lost a great co-worker, as well as a wonderful friend to those who knew Rob.

I don't know if the title of this thread can be changed or not, but it seems really disrespectful to those who knew Rob, as well as his family who may or may not ever see this thread.

Rob was a longtime employee that located for around 17 years, worked for Sprint, No Cuts, and most recently CLS/USIC . He will be sorely missed by friends and family.

Rest In Peace Rob.
    Well if our administrator wishes to change it to a more apropriate heading its alright with me...
    Last edited by USIC1; September 27th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: RIP USIC Locator Robert Paulson You Will Be Missed

Taken care of ....its very sad to lose one of our own ..but you know whats coming..Lessons Learned his fault this and that

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thanks TBone.

Everyone of us knows what goes on out there and how we, at times, take it for granted that a vehicle coming down the road will go right on by. They will a hundred times a day without our ever thinking about it, but it just takes that one person not paying attention at the one moment in time.

Its a terrible shame.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    Taken care of ....its very sad to lose one of our own ..but you know whats coming..Lessons Learned his fault this and that
    Tbone, I'm not sure who Robert Paulson is, but Hykrdude had the correct information.

Why is it that bad things always happen to good people?

Robert Samuel Connor Jr.
    09/26/2009

Robert Samuel Connor Jr.,, 48, 1072 Milliron Road, Brookville, assistant varsity soccer coach, died Friday following a traffic accident in Armstrong.
    Born March 16, 1961, he was a son of Bob and Jean Connor of Corsica. He is survived by his wife, Sandy.
    He worked as a utility-line locator and was an assistant varsity soccer coach for the Brookville Area High School and had coached youth baseball and soccer for many years. He was a third-degree member of the Knights of Columbus and a member of the Immaculate Conception and St. Dominic's Catholic churches in Brookville and Sigel.
    He is survived by two sons, Seth and Noah, three sisters, Karen Reitz, Laurie Butler and Paula Byerly, and many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews.
    He was an avid hunter and sportsman.

CONNOR: Robert Samuel Jr., 1072 Milliron Road, Brookville, died Sept. 25, 2009. Friends will be received from 2-9 p.m. Monday at the McKinney Funeral Home in Brookville. A funeral mass will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Immaculate Conception Church in Brookville. Memorial contributions may be made to the Robert S. Connor Jr. BAHS Soccer Scholarship fund c/o Brookville Area High School, 96 Jenks St., Brookville, Pa., 15825.

©Courier-Express/Tri-County 2009

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 2RUDE View Post
    Tbone, I'm not sure who Robert Paulson is, but Hykrdude had the correct information.
    He was quoting Fight Club, when the character played by Meatloaf died.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Default Re: RIP USIC Locator Robert Samuel Connor Jr You Will Be Missed

Sorry about that got it changed also got the letter from Mike Stayton today glad to see that they are taking donations for the family. If you would like to donate here is the info

USIC
    13085 Hamilton Crossing Blvd. Suite 200 Carmel, IN 46032 Attn: Human Resources. USIC will process the donations in accordance with the Connor family’s wishes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast