Thread: heat indeces....107 degrees

Years of Experience

Exclamation heat indeces....107 degrees

well tomorrow they are calling for heat advisories for our area and actual temp. to be 97-100 with the heat indeces well into the 100's......what do you guys prefer regular temp water or freezing cold ice water or something else?????????????????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: heat indeces....107 degrees

I'd rather have the freezing cold than the extreme heat any day. I can dress warm where the cold temperatures don't bother me. I can't take anymore off in the extreme heat or they'd start getting complaints.

Years of Experience

Generally speaking, and not as it relates to work, I prefer the heat over the cold. I sweat like a pig but the older I get the more and more I dislike winter and cold weather.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

I hate to sweat cause when I do it smells like alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Generally speaking, and not as it relates to work, I prefer the heat over the cold. I sweat like a pig but the older I get the more and more I dislike winter and cold weather.

It's funny because I'm just the opposite, I look forward to winter now. I really think it's because our winters here are a lot milder than our summers-we are expecting highs of 104-105 all week.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I get concerned about people locating in these temps. You're in an air-conditioned truck and acclimated to the temp of your truck, then to jump out at a job site into 107 degree temps is a shock to your body. That is what gets people into real trouble. My prayers are with you all today and during the rest of the summer, fall hot season.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

Default Re: heat indexes....107 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    well tomorrow they are calling for heat advisories for our area and actual temp. to be 97-100 with the heat indexes well into the 100's......what do you guys prefer regular temp water or freezing cold ice water or something else?????????????????
    I drink plenty of ice water. I get real sluggish after I drink a cold carbonated drink on a hot day. I have a half gallon water jug I fill up twice a day. All gas stations and convenience stores seem not to have a problem with me (a big, sweaty, blue collar guy fresh from the heat) filling my thermos with ice from their self-serve soda fountains. I carry a jug of water if the soda fountains I use don't have a separate water spigot.

I switched from locating to raising/training bird dawgs...both of which have you out in all sorts of weather.

Forget "style" --loose fitting 100% cotton clothes are way cooler.

I freeze smaller bottle of water so I always have something cold to drink.

I HATE extreme hot weather --without the AC in the truck, working summers was miserable. For me, it is all about getting my body temperature down to comfort zone. Sweating for 10-12 hours isn't real good for the system, either. I remember working days so hot that the goal was to have a higher fluid intake that fluid output...at some days that was barely possible. Walking projects with extra paint and gatorade shoved in pockets... At least in winter you can pile on more layers.

AlphaBEYOTCH

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Hey everyone:

Well, it has been hotter than blazes up this way for over a month now.

I don't mind tellin ya, its killin this old guy!!!

The last 2 weeks it clouds up rains a bit, sun comes out, cooks me a bit, then rains a bit more, man this past Friday I just drug my butt around the last few hours. Got home Friday evening and pretty much slept the weekend away. Feel better today!

Don't exactly know what the temps been in the 90's but not over 100. Then we have the humidity as well. Usually we are pretty dry, but this year we have had a ton of rain.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

bananas , oranges, squincher and ice water is what gets me through it