Thread: Eyewear

Years of Experience

Default Eyewear

I know this is one thing our company does not supply but to me is a necessity. I can't go without a good pair of safety glasses. Not the old man safety glasses but the normal sunglasses looking ones.

I lost mine the other day and realized how important they are. While walking through the woods trying to locate I had to stop about five times because I kept getting poked in the eye by branches.

I still don't understand why they don't supply safety glasses. I go through a ton of them because they get so scratched up from branches. Luckily I just found a lot of ten of them on ebay. It looks like I won't need to buy any for a while.

Default Re: Eyewear

My husband cannot leave home without his glasses. He did one day and had to turn around to come back and get them. The sun is blinding usually twice a day. I would like to see the companies pay for them also!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I know this is one thing our company does not supply but to me is a necessity. I can't go without a good pair of safety glasses. Not the old man safety glasses but the normal sunglasses looking ones.

I lost mine the other day and realized how important they are. While walking through the woods trying to locate I had to stop about five times because I kept getting poked in the eye by branches.

I still don't understand why they don't supply safety glasses. I go through a ton of them because they get so scratched up from branches. Luckily I just found a lot of ten of them on ebay. It looks like I won't need to buy any for a while.
    Golden:

I took my normal prescription eyeglasses in to the optician and had them use some kind of new hard plastic with a scratch resistant coating added on.
    Also got the veri-gray tint so they turn pretty dark in the sunlight but clear up really fast indoors.

Have had them about a year now and no problems.

Safety glasses were something else that took up room in an already congested ranger and like you, they were always getting scratched, broken and lost.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Lowes and Home Depot sell the nice looking ones that look like ones you get from a surf shop very cool

Years of Experience

i'm scared to say this but my comp supplies both the clear and the tinted sunglasses they pay about 3 bucks for the clear and give about 20 bucks for the tinted both are safety z87 approved we get a pair of each about every other year

I buy the cheapos, i lost a nice pair of Oaklys in a vault a couple years ago never again

Years of Experience

Oakleys falling down a manhole. That would suck. Were you able to fish them out or were they a gone forever?

Gotta love 'em. I never go anywhere without them. And yes I agree the co. should buy 1 pair per year. We used to get them 6 or 7 years ago for free.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Our company does provide them... but they get scratched up so quickly! That reminds me... I need to get another pair!

Years of Experience

just got a new pair of sunshades.....cheapo's but will get another year out of them.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato