Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: emergency flashers??

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: emergency flashers??

You have to be careful about putting out signage and cones, I was working a realitively busy intersection early in the morning (to avoid traffic) and a local Police officer pulled up and asked for my "flagging certificate".

You have to be state certified before you can put up signage and block a lane of travel.

If your area does require certification, you are just as liable for any accidents if the signs are up or down.

as for blind corners or rises in terrain, you need to park accoringly. I park where I know people will see me, or not hit me... those are the only two options for me.

The Police Officer just gave us a warning, and asked us to hurry it up before the commute starts.

mke

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    Your state highway dept probably has a listing of the minimum required signage required for temporary work. CYA.

ifindit has a good point too, and it could get worse.. maybe the guy that smashes into you actually sues you for improper warning of the hazard.
    We were warned by our safety dept. that if we don't have the right PPE on we can be sued for negligence by whomever hits us.

Find out your required PPE for your company(if they require it, they MUST supply it), and then the same for all roadways and DOT. They aren't always the same.

Oh, by the way, workers comp will NOT pay out a cent if you are not in compiance with all safety regs.

C. Y. A.

There is one HUGE problem. Most of the trucks can not handle it, and the battery dies just after a few minutes. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

having to change out the battery in our trucks at least once a year with all the gadgets that are pullling for power....when will the altenator go is my question??????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Yes, it's an old thread,,,
    How many of you have bought your OWN lights? I have the rotator on the roof I was given, but bought everything else.
    2 12" cheap led bars
    6 head cheap led strobes
    (less then $100 from ebay so far)
    whelan 4 head strobe pack with 2 double dashmisers
    thats the rear, the front I haven't gotten to yet, thats a 4 head federal signal strobe pack (only gonna use 2) and 4 smaller leds
    grand total is $300-400 all from ebay, the leds are GREAT at night and some of the rougher neighborhoods I get into, but I can light up an inter pretty good too.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

i was looking to put up some amber bar strobes under my cover, but really haven't found any online. With the cover open it blocks the beacon on the cab

Years of Experience

Check Ebay, there is a lot of crap to dig thru, but there are some nice LED bars. You will probably see some stuff you could build together too. ALSO! There ARE lights out there that are designed to hang off the inside of a trunk lid so the STAY aimed right. may be able to adapt the mount to rotate it for a side open cap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12