Thread: Dumb Drivers

Default Dumb Drivers

I have had time to reflect on this a bit... but yesterday I was in a new subdivision expansion... had my cones out... vest on and was marking the sewer main & laterals when a truck came by and just about picked me off. I didn't even realize he almost hit me until the slight breeze I got from the truck (it was within 5" of me) got my attention and the truck swerved drastically to the left. You would think with all of the contractor trucks, the heavy equipment and delivery trucks that the driver would slow down and pay more attention to what was going on...

Does anyone know if we are considered the same as a highway construction worker? Here in IL if you hit one of them it is a hefty fine and jail.

Default Re: Dumb Drivers

In MI, without signage, the answer is no; however, it is wreckless driving. It would be vehicular homicide if killed, but nothing special even with cones and beacons.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

we have some of the highest rates for car insurance in the states...............what do you think the driving is like here for us........some times we are just not paying attention .....hope it doesn't catch up with none of us......

Years of Experience

I am unsure of the actual laws here in WI. But I agree that people just don't pay attention. I have had to move out of the way for vehicles multiple times. While locating in the road I'm always looking at the drivers to ensure that they see me. It's amazing how many people are staring at a cell phone or the back seat looking at the kids while driving through construction zones.

I haven't gotten to spray anyone's vehicle in a while - maybe the word's out down here -"Watch out for the Old Fart with the Spray Gun"
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.