Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    se wisconsin
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    Becareful to those that are tenured and have any kind of work restriction. you will be put on a short list to the unemployment line. BE FOREWARNED, THE CHOPPING BLOCK IS COMING!!! just make sure you are up to speed on any company policies AND state and Fedral laws.

  2. #2
    Senior Member 6feetunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hell bent View Post
    Becareful to those that are tenured and have any kind of work restriction. you will be put on a short list to the unemployment line. BE FOREWARNED, THE CHOPPING BLOCK IS COMING!!! just make sure you are up to speed on any company policies AND state and Fedral laws.
    That would make sense because we just let go some people who were out on injury who couldn't work at all. It would make sense that next could be people with restrictions. We are all being told that this is all CUS normal business practices that every year they fire the people that are towards the bottom of the list on production? Can anyone confirm this? We are also hearing rumors that this is just round 1 of cuts and there may be 2 to 3 more rounds of cuts depending on the breaking point of each particular district? Possibly supervisors and administrative staff being targeted next?
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    as far as i know; these are not cus practices. not in the midwest region anyway. i know because i did work there up until usic took over. they are using that bs excuse for everything so they can justify their actions. usic quit using cus as your scapegoat. quit feeding these locators a line of bs. the only thing that i have heard of or seen (on this site) that usic was trying to implement that cus had was the piece rate program which was not company wide at cus. i was never on it therefore i do not know much about it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member The Big-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    247
    Years of Experience
    10
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    CUS never had practices like that in the midwest... I'm sure USIC did though... when I left that region last year, my replacement was targeted for dismissal unfairly due to the USIC upper mngmt. not liking his work ethic (which I can tell you from experience was very strong)... Yes, don't use CUS as a scapegoat for anything that you guys bring upon your employees in this region...

    Glad I got out when I did... but I still have nothing but respect for the guys I worked with that are sticking it out in Illinois...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big-E View Post
    CUS never had practices like that in the midwest... I'm sure USIC did though... when I left that region last year, my replacement was targeted for dismissal unfairly due to the USIC upper mngmt. not liking his work ethic (which I can tell you from experience was very strong)... Yes, don't use CUS as a scapegoat for anything that you guys bring upon your employees in this region...

    Glad I got out when I did... but I still have nothing but respect for the guys I worked with that are sticking it out in Illinois...
    yeppers clock in at home dont clock out until you got back home. i loved when my 1st ticket was 2.5 hours away and my last was 1.5 hours from my home. lot of over/drive time, little work. ha ha ha

  6. #6
    Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,306
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fiberlocator99 View Post
    yeppers clock in at home dont clock out until you got back home. i loved when my 1st ticket was 2.5 hours away and my last was 1.5 hours from my home. lot of over/drive time, little work. ha ha ha

    If your company procedure is to clock in at first job, or when entering assigned work area, and to clock out on completion of last job this will get you fired.

    There are things that can be put on you for a termination for this that are very detrimental to your future work anywhere.

    First off they can list cause of termination as Time Sheet Fraud, fraudulently filling out your time record so you get paid for work not performed. When terminated this way, stealing from your employer, you are not able to get unemployment benefits.

    If you have GPS on company vehicle they can go back a long time and total up the hours falsely charged. Added up this could be enough for felony theft charges. More and more employers are ordering background checks and felony theft, or even a misdemeanor theft, will mean many jobs you can no longer get. Especially when records show you stole from your employer.

    So anybody reading this thread you are finding two things advocated;

    Clocking in upon leaving home and clocking out upon return home regardless of being required to clock in at first job / entry to work area and clocking out on leaving last job of day.

    I advocate following the company directive on when to clock in and when to clock out when such directive is not contrary to law.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Do Not get injured on the job!!!!

    could not have been fired when it was company procedure in the area(s) and markets i worked in. it is not something i just started doing and got away with, but was told to do this directly by my awesome super cool boss/district manager(at that present time)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •