Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Phone Use While Driving

Default Re: Cell Phone Use While Driving

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    And, I suppose you were driving AND using your cell phone while attempting this!!
    No, he was using his laptop and driving at the same time
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 6feetunder View Post
    Paul Prospero couldn't have said it better Wingfoot.
    Hey 6footer - My bad - I am guilty of plagiarizing your (er... I mean my) work without proper recognition of the source. Sorry. I figured all the USICers here knew where these facts came from for this thread, but that's no excuse. I will be more considerate in the future. Usually it's ifindit or RoadMap that call me out on plagiarizing or making bullshit posts. WoW! Now I've got three of you to be concerned about............. I don't know if I can handle the pressure....

-----------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

CT has a hands free law too, Hell, I learned how to multi task when I was 17, had a CB in the car, usually had a smoke in my mouth and a coffee in my hand. NEVER had a problem. Even with the headset on my phone, driving is the priority, ask anyone that has talked to me on the road how many times I space out on them because I am focused on the road and not the phone. My wife HATES talking to me on the road! lol

Amen, Phoenix.. I do the same thing.. lol
    Sometimes I even forget what we were talking about because I was paying much more attention to the driving situation.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience

Being fire and rescue I support the laws 100 percent on this ...too many accidents are caused by teens and adults not paying attention....BUT!!!!! In our world it is almost impossible to operate without using the phone while driving Like GB said we cant pull over every five minutes to take calls so a catch 22 huh.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    Being fire and rescue I support the laws 100 percent on this ...too many accidents are caused by teens and adults not paying attention....BUT!!!!! In our world it is almost impossible to operate without using the phone while driving Like GB said we cant pull over every five minutes to take calls so a catch 22 huh.
    So what your saying is - I may get a red lip w/o a blue tooth...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    So what your saying is - I may get a red lip w/o a blue tooth...

Hey SIC1 - Now that is funny!

--------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    Sometimes I even forget what we were talking about because I was paying much more attention to the driving situation.
    ROTFL!!! Ya, did that to the wife a few times! lol Anything I have to concentrate on, I have to pull over tho. Even with the headset on my personal phone, I STILL pulled over when I got called for my phone interview for this job. I think that helped a bit! lol

Years of Experience

What scares the hell out of me are the 16, 17, & 18 year olds that are still just learning how to drive, not so much talking on the cell phone but they are texting while driving. How many of you ever tried this. it is just plain dumb if you ask me. I know it is almost impossible to go from point A to point B without talking on the cell. What I love is no sooner due we get out of a saftey tailboard about this subject being told by our saftey guys if you get into an accident while on your cell phone it will be considered your fault thus getting terminated. how many times does you sup. call you or your dispatcher, the same people who tell you not to do this are the ones that cause you to break this rule more then anyone else. If you do not answer them right away they get pissed at you. Sorry are you really going to pull over everytime they contact you. I do not think so. I truly believe if the company has a no talking on the cell or nextel while driving policy then they should also issue blue tooth head sets as s.o.p. If they make it policy and in writing then they need to purchase the proper equipment to insure the policy is being followed. Then if you get into an accident it is your fault.........
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12