Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black dog Yellow face!

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Black dog Yellow face!

Wingfoot? Are you out there? I bet he is frying bacon to stick in his pockets. He'll be around with a couple new stories. He is the anti-dog whisperer.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

I was entering a back yard. I knocked on the door, no answer. I whistled, shook the fence and was pretty sure no dog. Once in the back yard I noticed a dog house and a dog door, So I treaded very carefully. The phone drop ran right by the dog house and as soon as I passed the dog house 2 rabbits jumped out me. Scared the shit out of me but luckily by the grace of god they did not attack.

While I haven't had to paint any dogs yet, that's a pretty funny story (original poster) ....

Larger super aggressive breeds like pit bulls and german shepards, I don't even enter the yard if they are being mega aggressive. AT&T guys carry a little dog thing in their pocket that makes dogs leave them alone. It's about 30.00 I believe to purchase on your own. If it's 1 or 2 smaller, super agressive dogs and I'm wearing jeans...I just say **** it and get the job done. I don't wanna orange tag something and have our dispatcher call me later on to come back. I'd rather just get it done. Even if I got bit by a small(ish) dog, what's the big deal. No pain, no gain....Like I said...The super aggressive german shepards and pitbulls are what you wanna worry about, or just any super large dog in general that's owned by trashy people who don't take care of their animals. I can't stand that shit. One time I swear to god I wrote a letter, posing as a local animal rights activist, and put it in this guy's mailbox. (Address was clear, no orange paint to give me away.) It was an extremely docile, super skinny (could see all the ribs) german shepard. Very nice dog, poor thing had no food at all....I had some legal yellow pad in my truck. ....In the letter I put in the assholes mailbox, I was like ,

"Greetings, I was notified by your neighbors that you do not take care of this animal, and upon further inspection, I have come to the conclusion that this animal is underfed. I will pay a future visit to this property in approximately 14 days, if the animal's conditions have not improved, I will have the state pursue legal action against you for animal cruelty.

Sincerely,
    Chris Thorpe (Some dickhead from highschool I didn't like)
    Chairman of Animal Rights Committee (it was a shitty neighborhood, the tool would probably believe that BS title.)

fuggit, I love dogs, and cant stand to see that shit.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

10yr ago pulled up to house saw dog house bewaredog sign saw big dog in house window though all ok well h/o went out back door not knowing i was about to locate. dog runs out other side of h/o goes other way dog makes b-line to my neck i turned in time but he got my shoulder. it was on .i some how got dog on top of hood and beat the dog like a man .well dog backed off .thouth it was over h/o saw it going down started to run to me well dog attacked agin well dog gone this time do,nt get me wrog i love dog (own 4 well trianed labs) this is a a poor trained h/o ps spent 3 days at hospital

I foolishly went in this one yard that had two rottweilers, both were very mean, and very old.

This was my 2nd or 3rd week in, and it was a drop ticket. I was being stupid going into this yard, I just wanted my ticketload to look good, I wanted to have it all finished..

So I approached the gate, nobody was home, both dogs jumping at me, barking extremely loud and vicious. I knew, that if I were to enter right then and there, I woulda gotten bit somehow, someway. They were being too aggressive and too territorial. I am a dog lover and owner, so unless it's an extremely aggressive pitbull, I take my chances. Dumb move, man. Dumb move... because up til this day, I seriously went in any yard no matter how vicious the dog, unless it was a pit. Now, I'm a little more careful...read on..

So I had a pretty big ham sandwich. It had like, 4 slices. I thought that if I could give a 10th per 30 sec to each dog, I could perform the locate and get the hell out of dodge. So I got started. Once I took out the sandwich, the aggressive territorial barking stopped. I had their attention...I gave them each a small piece and opened the gate and headed in...they were on me like stink on shit...So, out of fear, before I got to the service box at the house I gave them each another piece...now I had made it to the service box, with two seemingly semi tamed beasts drooling on my footsteps now escalating the aggression as I put away the sandwich and begin hooking up. I hook up, and begin the locate. Dogs begin to seriously scare me so I take out the sandwich again, (less than half of it left.) Gave them each a small piece, and was able to mark out about 15 feet of telephone service wire, giving them each a small piece of sandwich per 5 feet or so (until they would start barking again and about to kill me, then I'd feed them again)

I ended up with a half ass job marked the svc wire not even to the halfway point in their yard, and I had run out of sandwich and had both dogs, finally discovering my clever scheme, seriously about to get in my ass. I didn't run, facing them and not looking at them I just backed away...left dude's stuff unbonded and got everything really quickly and backed out of the gate not making eye contact...when the gate shut they went crazy, I ended up going back when the guy was there (who was a degenerate, which is why his damn dogs were so mean as in most cases)

I notice on days when I pet my dog before I leave for work, dogs leave me alone more than they would otherwise... at least that's the way it seems.
    Last edited by scap; April 5th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20yrookie View Post
    10yr ago pulled up to house saw dog house bewaredog sign saw big dog in house window though all ok well h/o went out back door not knowing i was about to locate. dog runs out other side of h/o goes other way dog makes b-line to my neck i turned in time but he got my shoulder. it was on .i some how got dog on top of hood and beat the dog like a man .well dog backed off .thouth it was over h/o saw it going down started to run to me well dog attacked agin well dog gone this time do,nt get me wrog i love dog (own 4 well trianed labs) this is a a poor trained h/o ps spent 3 days at hospital
    now that's a dog story worth hearing, kudos for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by 20yrookie View Post
    .well dog backed off .thouth it was over h/o saw it going down started to run to me well dog attacked agin well dog gone this time
    What do you mean 'well dog gone this time' ?

guessing that means you killed it

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

When I was meter Reading I came accross a Yellow Lab that wanted a piece of me. The Stupid Homeowner didn't have a real fence, but he had an invisable fence (it would shock the dog when he crossed the wire. On top of that he had a Bark colar on as well. So, i'm two doors down minding my own buisness when I hear the Owner yell at the dog. I turn to see the dog briefly tweak out when he crosses the invisable fence, as he is running for me I stand my ground (running isn't the best option if you can't beat the dog to the truck) The dog is at full speed and starts to bark, which causes him to spaz (shock collar) He gets within 10ft and spazes again and while his mouth is wide open from trying to bark and get shocked at the same time, I season him with the company issued dog repellant (pepper spray) and he proceeds to run in circles rubbing his snout on the ground. The Homeowner then decides to run towards me and wants to know why in the world I would do that to his dog.

Years of Experience

They did a study around here recently due to the controversy of Pit Bull ownership and certain groups wanting to ban supposedly "aggresive" breeds.

Turns out the vast majority of dog attacks/bites involved Labs and Lab mixes. Pit Bulls, Rotties, Akitas, etc (aggresive breeds) were in the SMALL minority. Springer Spaniels had a worse record! *grin*

Thankfully my family raising hunting hounds and akitas gave me the experience to judge true canine aggresion. I pretty much had an idea what yards to go in and which ones to avoid. By the way, it's the quiet ones you have to watch.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Turns out the vast majority of dog attacks/bites involved Labs and Lab mixes. Pit Bulls, Rotties, Akitas, etc (aggresive breeds) were in the SMALL minority. Springer Spaniels had a worse record! *grin*
    20 people a year die from dogs, most of them being kids.. Pits and Rotts are the #1 cause of these fatalities. The vast majority of dog attacks and bites don't concern me; the fatalities, and breeds associated with that variable, is what concerns me. Does it really matter if a Spaniel draws some blood on you, my morning aspirin can mask that. Let's see you finish out a workday after a Pit locks down on any part of your body.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    The Homeowner then decides to run towards me and wants to know why in the world I would do that to his dog.
    Ohhh, I don't know, perhaps because you (homeowner) are a dub ass who should spend just a little time training the dog
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

After reading some of these absolutely amazing stories, I've decided mine doesn't really compare in terms of awesomeness, but I will say that I was attacked and bitten by a dog on my VERY FIRST locate, severe enough blood loss that I had to go to a hospital. Company paid, of course. And now that I mention it, nobody really remembers it anymore Anyway, it was the most ferocious beagle you've ever seen. He was the anti-christ, and I say that because he indirectly harmed his owners too. The dog ran so fast comming at me that the leash he was on ripped out of the girl's hands and wrapped around her brother's midsection that it cut into his skin!

beyond help - OMG DUDE! That's the american dream right there man... to defend yourself while doing your job, striking back with such a heated frenzy that you slay one of your attackers... I wish I had balls like that! LOL. I use an RD4000 reciever and it's the heaviest reciever available, I think. It's 8 pounds and could seriously do some damage. I don't go onto any property without that thing in my good hand

Quote Originally Posted by JMilbragen View Post
    After reading some of these absolutely amazing stories, I've decided mine doesn't really compare in terms of awesomeness, but I will say that I was attacked and bitten by a dog on my VERY FIRST locate, severe enough blood loss that I had to go to a hospital. Company paid, of course. And now that I mention it, nobody really remembers it anymore Anyway, it was the most ferocious beagle you've ever seen. He was the anti-christ, and I say that because he indirectly harmed his owners too. The dog ran so fast comming at me that the leash he was on ripped out of the girl's hands and wrapped around her brother's midsection that it cut into his skin!

beyond help - OMG DUDE! That's the american dream right there man... to defend yourself while doing your job, striking back with such a heated frenzy that you slay one of your attackers... I wish I had balls like that! LOL. I use an RD4000 reciever and it's the heaviest reciever available, I think. It's 8 pounds and could seriously do some damage. I don't go onto any property without that thing in my good hand

It had nothing to do with balls. Just a matter of self preservation.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I had to paint a husky on a gravel C.R. road a few years back. I was marking out the phone and it ended up with a nice orange strip.

Years of Experience

them huskys can be real mean.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12