Thread: ga service outside lot line

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default ga service outside lot line

GAS SERVICE IS OUTSIDE LOT LINE

Have been to this home so many times due to problems thought others may find it interesting.
    When the contractor installed the GAS SERVICE LINE, they wandered waaay outside the lot line.

When the power contractor arrived to intall power, they hit the gas service. Then when the fencing guys (that black vertical line next to trees in foreground is the fence) put in the fence, they hit the gas service as well.

So, after 2 hits and 14 months, the gas utility decides its time to maybe move the gas service INSIDE property line. Well, No shit Sherlock!

See the yellow flags on the left side of fence and right side. Obviously, flags on the left side is the portion of the gas service about 3 feet or so OUTSIDE Lot line. The yellow flags in the foreground are of course the gas main.

Sorry about the definition in the photo, it was the best I could seem to get in order to get all details.

Another interesting note on this home, the power service is on one side the telephone service is on the opposite side. They are NOT common trench. Another potential hit?

70-wind-small.jpg
    Last edited by underground quester; June 26th, 2008 at 01:49 AM.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Default Re: ga service outside lot line

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Another interesting note on this home, the power service is on one side the telephone service is on the opposite side. They are NOT common trench. Another potential hit?
    I wish the utility companies would understand how much easier joint trench made our live and the homeowner because of less things running through the yard. In my area when the power is installed they automatically run a tel. and tv. drop with it, coil it up, and tape it to the meter base.

After the homeowner moves in the tel. or tv. company will show up and can't see the drop by the meter because it has gotten buried by an inch or two of dirt and the tech is too lazy to dig it up so he/she just lays a new one above ground and sends in a work order to be buried.

Years of Experience

Default Re: ga service outside lot line

we have the same problems here ug .....i wonder if there will ever be a time where they will put everything in one trench not sewer of course!!!! that's not a lazy way of doing things but a safe way in the future ....maybe??