Default Re: funny utilites pictures

Baghdad?

I have no idea. Got it off a great website called thereifixedit.com

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Its usually India or thailand or something like that.

Years of Experience

Looks about like a cable tv ped in a trailer park

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by alsoran17 View Post
    Looks about like a cable tv ped in a trailer park
    Amen! Or any power pole in a trailer park.

My very first territory as a locator has a large, drug-infested, trailer park with roaming Pits & Rotties; Highland Manor. Everyone calls this shit-hole "Highland Manure." It has power poles that are completely covered with black, orange & white communication drops.

We have a 'Viner who told us of his monster, drug-infested trailer park affectionately labelled "Methlehem."

My heart goes out to the kids who are forced to grow up in these hellish places!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

We have a couple of them in my town. When I was locating there we always had to send two locators, one to watch the transmitter and the other to locate.

Some of the stuff i've seen in these two trailer courts (Oaks, and Camelot).

1) 2' chicken wire fence, put up to keep the largest Rot i've ever seen from ripping me a new a@#$.

2) Toilets that I thought were lawn decorations were actually toilets that were not hooked up, but were being used none the less.

3) seen a toddler playing with his toy trucks out in a mud puddle, Mud puddle turned out to be backed up sewer line.

4) Crack whore trying to sell me home video..... use your imagination on what this home video contained.

5) Tweaker was trying to break into an electrical secondary pedestal.... I left and called my buddy with the electrical company.

I'm curious what you guys have seen.....

mke

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    We have a couple of them in my town. When I was locating there we always had to send two locators, one to watch the transmitter and the other to locate.

Some of the stuff i've seen in these two trailer courts (Oaks, and Camelot).

1) 2' chicken wire fence, put up to keep the largest Rot i've ever seen from ripping me a new a@#$.

2) Toilets that I thought were lawn decorations were actually toilets that were not hooked up, but were being used none the less.

3) seen a toddler playing with his toy trucks out in a mud puddle, Mud puddle turned out to be backed up sewer line.

4) Crack whore trying to sell me home video..... use your imagination on what this home video contained.

5) Tweaker was trying to break into an electrical secondary pedestal.... I left and called my buddy with the electrical company.

I'm curious what you guys have seen.....

mke
    I find trailer parks are like any neighborhood, they run from poor to good.

At the top end was a fenced and gated community with a 24/7 security guard on the gate. Not because the place or the area was a problem, they were just not going to let any problems get started. Everything was neat and clean and all the trailers were in good repair.

At the bottom end the trailers were in poor repair, many had broken or missing skirting and stray cats and other animals lived under them. That place was full of junk and trash in the yards.

Most of the parks were middle ground places and no worse or better than the many communities I have been in.

Well, I have seen nicer trailer parks, unfortunately I have like 5 trailer parks in my area. None of them very nice but some better than others. One however is the worst of the bunch and is positively horrifying. Its like a friggin 3rd world country. Its not uncommon to see piles of human shit surrounded by bits of papertowels that whoever had used to clean up after themselves. Also common to see people washing their clothes in buckets and rain puddles. You can smell the place a block away. I mean its a real deal horror story. Most of the trailers dont have running water. And they all look like they are waiting to be torn down. I almost never get tickets in there because nobody gives a shit about the place enough to be doing any work. One side of it faces the tri rail station and I95. So they have a massive sound wall 3 feet away from the backs of the trailer. I have a feeling its not to keep the sound out, rather to keep the view in.

I do feel bad for the kids that grow up in that place. However I dont feel bad for the adults. A job at mcdonalds could get you better living conditions than that. Also unfortunate is the fact that these pieces of shit keep having children when they obviously cant care for themselves. I have seen "households" that have as many as 8 children all roughly a year apart in age. Those kind of people should be friggin sterilzed. They should be put in jail for child neglect and the kids put in good homes where they dont have to live in absolute squallor.

Ok..... Sorry about that tirade but that kind of thing just pisses me off. Lol

Yes... Those are jumper cables!

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post

I do feel bad for the kids that grow up in that place. However I dont feel bad for the adults. A job at mcdonalds could get you better living conditions than that. Also unfortunate is the fact that these pieces of shit keep having children when they obviously cant care for themselves. I have seen "households" that have as many as 8 children all roughly a year apart in age. Those kind of people should be friggin sterilzed. They should be put in jail for child neglect and the kids put in good homes where they dont have to live in absolute squallor.
    I feel your pain. Oh god, the nightmares. I have been in trailer parks where I couldn't turn around without tripping over a ****ing 2 year old hiding behind me. They are everywhere. It's like some unwritten cosmic rule of physics. Pour water on the ground and they will appear.

Years of Experience

I couldnt find the conjested photo thread.. but this one is on the right track of trailer parks..

This was one of the RV/Camper trailer parks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trailer-hood..jpg  

Years of Experience

I had to extend my hotstick with a traffic flag to reach.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTracK View Post
    I couldn't find the conjested photo thread.. but this one is on the right track of trailer parks..

This was one of the RV/Camper trailer parks:

THAT'S what I'm talking about!

-----------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoythefall View Post
    I had to extend my hotstick with a traffic flag to reach.

Wingfoot had to laugh when seeing that hotstick swangin' in the breeze. The corporate "pencil pushers," "bean counters" and financial backers have not a clue what locators go through to produce the company's "numbers" (revenue).................

---------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast