Thread: 600 pr.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default 600 pr.

Another bore job gone wrong. This one they bored in the fiber conduit about 4 months ago. They denied they hit it with the bore. I think it is obvious what happened.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Default Re: 600 pr.

It is funny how many times this happens and they always say it was someone else.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience

i could see that contractor saying there is no way we could have hit that cable and broke it right there.....i mean ..our bored cable is not even touching that cut cable.... they must think the phone company is just stupid.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

I love when they bore through a shit pipe to a business and don't know they went through. A couple weeks later the business has backups on their toilets and call in a plumber with a camera. They send the camera down and there's an orange fiber pipe running right through their poop pipe.

Dont they already have a transmitter on the borehead for the driver to watch via signal above ground ? I always thought they should have some kind of different rf transmitter that would be capable of inducing into some other metal object (Like a cable) if it got close enough.. and the associated receive unit at the driver's control box above ground. If it starts seeing some complex pattern, then you might be close to something, stop and think.

Would this work ?
    (May you live in interesting times)

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    Dont they already have a transmitter on the borehead for the driver to watch via signal above ground ? I always thought they should have some kind of different rf transmitter that would be capable of inducing into some other metal object (Like a cable) if it got close enough.. and the associated receive unit at the driver's control box above ground. If it starts seeing some complex pattern, then you might be close to something, stop and think.

Would this work ?

I would think that perhaps some kind of GPR head in the borehead might work if they could make it small enogh to get it to work. I guess the issue would be sending a constant signal and being able to interpret it BEFORE "shit" hits the fans.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

must have been a gopher.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Would this work ?
    Sounds like a good idea.

Years of Experience

Would this work ?

Nope. Crews are to pothole anything that the bore head will cross, some machines have alarm boxes to let you know you just smack a electrical line.