• County sues AC Electric over dispute

TheDailyJournal.com

BRIDGETON The county has taken a public utility to court after it allegedly backtracked on an agreement to move power lines next to the Cumberland County Courthouse.

In a lawsuit filed in Superior Court on Sept. 3, the county demands Atlantic City Electric or its owner, Pepco Holdings Inc., to relocate at the utility's expense high-voltage power lines that the county says are interfering with a construction project.

The utility company initially agreed to do so, the county alleges in the suit, but apparently changed its mind on Sept. 2, instead demanding the county pay for the work.

The courthouse is currently undergoing a facade restoration project, and the county seeks to repair the west side of the building, which faces Fayette Street.

But high-voltage power lines on that side are apparently so close to the construction site that they need to either be moved or de-energized for construction crews to safely work, according to statements in the suit.

The project would cost an estimated $42,001, which the county says was an amount Atlantic City Electric provided.

In making its case, the county cites OSHA regulations and the New Jersey High Voltage Proximity Act in arguing that "high voltage lines be moved or that precautionary measures be taken to protect employees from the risk of death or injury during work in close proximity to high voltage power lines."

The county adds "pursuant to common law, a regulated utility locating power lines within a public right-of-way is required to move the power lines at its expense when needed to perform a public project."

• Recent Forum Posts

Mark

Re: Quality of Workers

It's the pussification of today's youth. If they ain't on drugs they are on their dam phones all the time. Get a kid from the country on a farm, they

Mark Today, 04:53 PM Go to last post
    UULC

Quality of Workers

I need to get on my soapbox for a few minutes.

What the hell is wrong with people these day's? Since going to the Dark Side(contractor)

UULC Today, 08:20 AM Go to last post
    Locatr

Re: Red black leads

Thanks for the link planning on getting new ones from there

Locatr Yesterday, 09:54 PM Go to last post
    daman1

Re: Savor the Moment

What's with the dude in the back? Now that's savoring the moment !

daman1 Yesterday, 08:47 PM Go to last post
    Wingfoot

Red black leads

Greetings Cuda! Where as orangeboots has his leads made by another, I always made my own leads using 12 gauge clear plastic speaker wire back when I used

Wingfoot Yesterday, 03:24 AM Go to last post
    Wingfoot

Cruisin' tunes

The Revivalists ~ "Wish I Knew You"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wingfoot Yesterday, 02:21 AM Go to last post
    Wingfoot

Savor the Moment

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wingfoot Yesterday, 02:17 AM Go to last post
    Wingfoot

News You May Have Missed

Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb,
    The Grand Imam of Cairo's Al-Azhar

Wingfoot Yesterday, 01:07 AM Go to last post
    ProfessionalLocator

Re: Utiliquest

So what questions was she asking you?

ProfessionalLocator June 20th, 2017, 07:58 PM Go to last post
    Trailertrash

Utiliquest

Hay everyone. Anyone in the baltimore area? We had human resources visit us in the field asking about our job. Dont know if they do this with everyone

Trailertrash June 20th, 2017, 04:23 PM Go to last post
  • Poll Widget

Favorite Alcoholic Drink (Votes: 111)

1. Cuba Libra (rum and cola) (Votes: 6)

2. ScrewDriver/Greyhound/Salty Dog (vodka/gin and OJ/GJ) (Votes: 2)

3. High Ball (bourban/whiskey and cola) (Votes: 11)

4. Martini (Votes: 3)

5. Long Island or Texas Tea (Votes: 6)

6. Margarita (Votes: 9)

7. Scotch (Votes: 8)

8. Straight Shots (tequila, bourban, vodka, etc.) (Votes: 14)

9. Wine (Votes: 3)

10. Beer/Ale/Mead (Votes: 49)